Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old February 5th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Meowing driving us crazy

I have two male cats, both are neutered male. They meow in the early mornings at around 4:30am or 5:00am but Toby starts when we just getting in bed. Joey isn't as bad as Toby but he can be bad some mornings, he meows at my door and I have to let him in, i put dish of kibbles down soo he can eat them then he wants back out of the room. They both are quiet through the day. Toby is worst for sleeping, he sleeps are all day and night. when he meows my mom has to get after him with the water. They get their feeding early in morning around 6:00am, sometimes they shut up and other times they still meow. I have to mention this Toby is declawed on all four paws and has a broken foot, he was like this when we adopted him. I just want the meowing to stop all together, also we leave the radio on and one light on. I figure that he is meowing because he been declawed and has a broken foot. Any suggestion, please help and reply to this message. Thanks for your time and consideration. Does anyone else have a meowing cat?
Old February 17th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Administrator

cat meows too much - Answered by N. Kitching

There are a variety of different cat breeds that show their affection by
being very vocal.You may have one of these breeds.

I would also imagine that both of your cats have been spayed or neutered
which will minimize their meowing. You may want take your cats to your vet to have a thorough check up done on both of them to make sure that they don't have any bladder problems which can cause them to meow.

One thought that you might try is to split up the amount of cat food you
serve your cats into smaller portions throughout the day to keep your cat(s) occupied.

Also, there are some splendid cat toys out on the market that you can put
your cat's kibble food into to keep them amused for hours by not only playing with the toy but eating their kibble that tumbles out of
them. One such toy that comes to mind is a buster cube for cats.

I hope this is of some help to you and your family.

Nancy Kitching

© Nancy Kitching 2003

Nancy Kitching
Dog Trainer Member of CAPPT, CKC, OKC (Ottawa Kennel Club), and Bytown Obedience Club in Ottawa.
156 Fairhaven
Hudson, Quebec J0P 1H0

Tel: 450-458-3165
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:56 AM

My cat also did that when i first got her!!

How i stopped it is i got a small baby blanket that would keep her warm and wrapped her in it in the day and at night. i would hold her in my arms until she fell asleep then i would stick her in a large wooden box with pillows and other blankets. She slept through the day until she heard her canned cat food's lid pop then she came to her eating place.

or you could also try puting them in a well venilated crate with pillows and blankets. also with an attached water and food dish on the door so they do not get hungery or thirsty in the night.