Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Closed Thread

Old July 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
banned user

Sorry to offend you joejoejoe But , im a very opinionated person. Didnt try to offend anyone, Just expressing myself.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:03 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not racist. As for you, the more you write, the more you expose your own ignorance.

Out of curiosity, are you a strict vegetarian?
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:07 PM
banned user

Dingo- Yes i am, Before you start rambeling About the cows and pigs etc. Ive fought about that before and how i do not agree with it. But This particular post is about dog meat.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
banned user

Do you have a dog dingo?
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes i am, Before you start rambeling About the cows and pigs etc. Ive fought about that before and how i do not agree with it. But This particular post is about dog meat.
True, but do you wail and gnash your teeth about all forms of meat, or just meat that comes from animals you think are cute?

So do you drink milk? Eat honey? Wear leather?

And yes, I do have a dog. And yes, I'm a meat eater, but no, I'm not going to eat him. I'm not about to condemn anyone else for eating dogs, though. And yes, I love dogs and I might not actively seek out dog meat, but if someone offered me dog meat I might just try it. Wrap your head around that.

Last edited by Dingo; July 11th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
True, but do you wail and gnash your teeth about all forms of meat, or just meat that comes from animals you think are cute?

So do you drink milk? Eat honey? Wear leather?
All animals. I do not drink milk, eat honey, wear leather, eat eggs, wear fur etc.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
banned user

Quote:
?

And yes, I do have a dog. And yes, I'm a meat eater, but no, I'm not going to eat him. I'm not about to condemn anyone else for eating dogs, though. And yes, I love dogs and I might not actively seek out dog meat, but if someone offered me dog meat I might just try it. Wrap your head around that.
Would you like it if somebody came to your own home and took him because he was to big, or because you had another dog and they were going to use him for meat. Because that is where alot of it comes from.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Well good for you. It sort of removes you from the discussion, though, if you have one rationale for not eating or using any product that comes from any animal (although you still seem to think it's somehow worse for people to eat dogs than cows).

So what do you feed your animals?
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Would you like it if somebody came to your own home and took him because he was to big, or because you had another dog and they were going to use him for meat. Because that is where alot of it comes from.
No, but if you're trying to claim this is what happens in China, you're just perpetuating racist misinformation. In places where people eat dogs they're raised for meat just like other animals are, not stolen from people's homes.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:22 PM
banned user

MY MOTHER, feeds my animals dog food, Which is primarily meat. I dont like them eating meat, but they are carnivorous, we can live without meat, its ALOT harder for a dog to live with out meat.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
banned user

Oh , it isnt happening? Look at this link and maybe you'll think differantly..http://network.bestfriends.org/inter...news/9191.html

My friend, it is happening.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM

But they're your animals? Just as I asked another poster in the horse meat thread, if you're so passionate about animals not being killed for food, then there are other pets you can keep, ones that aren't carnivorous. Rats, mice and horses don't eat meat. Surely it makes more sense to limit yourself to animals like those.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
banned user

BTW- Mice and rats do eat meat.

And Im passionate about all animals, if i saw a cow that was being abused/Abandoned, or just plain and simply not being treated properly, i would welcome it with open arms to my home. Im not going to not have a dog or a cat because it is carnivouris, My life would be miserable.

So you wouldnt feel one bit bad about eating a dog that was taken from its own home and was once loved by a wonderful family, and it loved that family ewith its whole heart.

Oh and BTW- I would feed my animals a vegetarian diet if it were my decision, but at 16, its hard to support all of them on my own.

Last edited by katherine93; July 11th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ok guys, no one is going to agree to disagree 100% of the time. Some posters are getting pretty nasty in the comments they are posting. How about we get back on track?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:34 PM

The link you posted says nothing about dogs being taken for food. If you read through the breathless hyperbole, you'll see that there are regulations for dogs in Beijing which aim at controlling extreme pet overpopulation (over 1 million pet dogs in that city alone) and the rampant rabies problem -- regulations just like we have in cities here. Some breeds are also restricted -- just as they are here. Dogs that are unlicensed or illegal are being taken -- just as they are here. Also, culling (which is to say, killing) stray dogs is a common solution that also happens guess where?

I'm not saying I agree with any of this, I'm just pointing out that these are not issues that are restricted to China. They happen all over the world, including in predominantly white countries.

Last edited by Dingo; July 11th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
BTW- Mice and rats do eat meat.
They can eat meat, but they don't have to. Rats and mice can survive quite happily and healthily on a vegetarian -- even vegan -- diet.

Quote:
Im not going to not have a dog or a cat because it is carnivouris, My life would be miserable.
So, you condemn the killing of any animal for human consumption, but not for the making of pet foods? In other words, it's not ok for humans to eat any animal, but it's ok for humans to kill various animals to feed certain other animals that people keep as pets? How does that make any sense at all? What you're really saying is that you condone the killing of animals for your own happiness -- so that you can keep carnivorous pets. How is that any different from killing animals to feed humans?

Quote:
So you wouldnt feel one bit bad about eating a dog that was taken from its own home and was once loved by a wonderful family, and it loved that family ewith its whole heart.
As I've already explained, dog meat comes from dogs that are raised to be eaten.

Last edited by Dingo; July 11th, 2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
banned user

Quote:
The link you posted says nothing about dogs being taken for food. If you read through the breathless hyperbole, you'll see that there are regulations for dogs in Beijing which aim at controlling extreme pet overpopulation (over 1 million pet dogs in that city alone) and the rampant rabies problem -- regulations just like we have in cities here. Some breeds are also restricted -- just as they are here. Dogs that are unlicensed or illegal are being taken -- just as they are here. Also, culling (which is to say, killing) stray dogs is a common solution that also happens guess where?

I'm not saying I agree with any of this, I'm just pointing out that these are not issues that are restricted to China. They happen all over the world, including in predominantly white countries.
so you think they just throw these dogs to one side, even though they can make some money off of it? you dont think these dogs are being sold as meat?
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM

I think you grossly overestimate how common dog meat actually is.
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

This thread has run its course and will now be closed.

IMO this was posted in the wrong section as it contains mostly opinions so it should have posted in the on topic forum.

Thx
Marko
ADMIN
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread