Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old June 4th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Where's all the pitty people?

Where is everyone? I don't get to post much because I'm not sitting on the internet all day at the call centre, and when I'm home I'm usually playing with Grace, or trying to get everything done before my own bed time.

Where'd everyone go? I see a few regulars, and there's been the odd time I think I saw some on the "who's online", but this was what brought me here. C'mon, guys, let me know you're still there!
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:54 AM

I have been wondering the same thing!
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Ummmmm, I think there may have been an incident And some are either cooling off or have moved on.
I'm still here!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old June 5th, 2007, 08:49 AM

I was also wondering that the other day.

Well wishes to all of them in the BSL forums.... wherever they may be.
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Still here, just missing in action and very busy at work and at home.

I have moved to the country and only recently found an internet solution that was worth having - it's wireless and expensive but fast…finally.

I've also been very busy building stables because I now own a horse, as if two dogs weren't enough...well actually with the girlfriend’s dog that's now three dogs and two horses.

I guess that with Dalton calling an end to the legislature three weeks early that's it until the election isn't it.

I have decided that when it’s time to get another dog I want the freedom to have a pit bull because some of the finest dogs I have ever met are pit bulls (hi Rocky ). See you in the editorials and at the polls.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Senior Contributor

That is why i started that thread about all the newbies and alot of the regulars being gone,and yep alot of them have left and went elsewhere not sure what happend but something pissed off a few of them and they left.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM

I'd like to say I'm not here because I am busy campaigning against the liberals.But that is not the case at least not yet. My excuse is work being much busier than I anticipated and lots to do outside at home.
There are a couple of interesting recent events I will try to post links to asap. We need to get as many as possible on track for the October election.
Old June 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Everyone kind of dropped off since the BSL went through, and there hasn't been much to do. I originally came here because of this, but then when I came back from parental leave, I realized I missed everyone on a personal level, too. There were several people who had other non-pitty things going on, and I've wondered how they are doing.

I guess that's one more thing to look forward to at election time, hopefully. A resurgence of the BSL forum.
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Senior Contributor

" A Resurgence of the anti-BSL Forum!"

Yes thats exactly what is needed, especially considering everything we have worked for is at hand! The Fibs are out.... for now, cant do any damage anyways, and the law will be interpreted on June 28th, my understanding is that the judge could send it back to the legislature... ummmm, What Legislature????
Im at work in Bryants riding, send me your messages, Ill print them and start dropping them off or poster the place... or come and help...
It is true, the energy has dropped off like crazy, its sometimes hard getting people out to the walks etc... but over all the community has grown OFF line so for some people not as much online communication is necessary.

The good thing is many of us are now friends in "real life" too. Our dogs are buddys and we have had some great partys and made some big bucks for the cause.

But it would be great to see the pets.ca BSL forum back to its original frenzied pace! ahhh the good old days.

Great to hear from you again TwodogsandacatAND a HORSE! Wow Congrats on the farm and the horse!
Oh and one hint would be... shhhhh.... try facebook! Problem is with that is it is all mostly talk... lots of people on pro-pitbull groups but wont get off their buts to do anything....!

The Pittie Co-op is still going and we do have some really great meetuups, biggest being 23 dogs We are planning a meetup with our Ottawa gang half way between Toronto and Ottawa... hahah its a secret place but a pm might get you the info you seek! In fact Seeker knows the location too. So lots of stuff still going on and coming at us really soon! Maybe we could all spread the word that Pets.ca is BACK!
At present we actually have quite a few people who have offered rides... oh that meet is July 14th The regular meetups are Sunday nights and Monday nights on long weekends.
Hey, there was an "incident" missed that, gotta go through the old posts and catch up!
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
Everyone kind of dropped off since the BSL went through, and there hasn't been much to do.
Oh, heavens, there's been tons to do. There's still fundraising to pay the bill for the legal challenge...the Dog Legislation Council of Canada has been working booths continuously since this all started, educating, raising awareness, and fundraising for the legal costs.

To donate to the legal challenge online, go to www.bannedaid.com.

Visit the DLCC booth at Woofstock in Toronto this weekend, June 9 and 10. Say "hi" and check out the new merchandise available for a donation to the legal challenge fund.
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Papa D

i'm still here .........i think the long period between court cases have made most people resigned to the fact that this is a no win situation and have moved on and are dealing with the new way of life .

i would love to attend the ottawa\toronto meet......
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Thats Great WDAwson! You are still a member of the Yahoo Group, we will have info there and I can also pm you here, whatever you like, we have a native of the errr, small town, hahah, I almost typed it, in the bullie group and she has a park for us and will be putting a map together after Woofstock.
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Whoops! I didn't mean that there wasn't anything to be done, but rather, on the boards. No new info to pass on, etc.

And on the same note, I don't think it can be said enough, everyone who IS busy fighting...thank you.
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:24 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Hey all! I still lurk on here now and then. I don't post much anymore, just don't have the time. Copper is living with my Mom right now, so between work and sleep and a boyfriend, Zoe and I hang out at mom's with Copper! We've had many life changes, so needless to say we keep very busy now! But I miss everyone and think of you all!

Here's a muzzle free pic of my kids at the beach!! http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41468

Last edited by Copper'sMom; June 12th, 2007 at 11:30 PM.