Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Talking Esquire Brier, Deputy at Hazel Run

Esquire Brier is our most recent arrival. He was rescued at 6 months of age from Ms Macie's original owner (the 'broker') . This time, though, his neighbors contacted the SPCA and he was forced to 'liquidate'. Brier ended up here and has never look back.

Brier arrived with kennel-stained fur and urine-burned elbows, but cleaned up into a handsome boy and healed quickly. He seems to have incurred less mental/emotional distress than Ms Macie did--probably because he spent only half the time there than she did, and was younger and therefore more resilient than she.

The Esquire turned out to be somewhat of a clown with grandiose ideas. He tried to take over as Sheriff but quickly found that Cole wasn't ready to turn over the reins yet. So he signed on as Deputy, instead. Sometimes he still thinks he's destined for bigger and better things, but when he gets uppity, the Sheriff rolls him a few times to remind him to be humble.

Brier learned quickly to enjoy the dog nests:
Name:  Brier comfy on an Orvis nest 1-26-09.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  33.8 KB

And he loves his backyard...so much to look at!! So much to watch!

Name:  Handsome Brier 1-26-09.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  Esquire Brier 1-7-09.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  33.3 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

There are squirrels in the trees...
Name:  The Deputy 1-28-09.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  37.3 KB

...buddies to play with in the yard...
Name:  Esquire Brier 1-24-09.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  64.9 KB

...and doves to watch under the bird feeders.
Name:  Esquire Brier 1-28-09.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  37.2 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Brier is such a lucky boy to have found you guys. And he's so handsome. Tell him to be patient, one day the Sheriff will get tired of all the responsibility and let him have a bit of the job. Did HRM fall asleep here, this was a short story, but just as charming as always!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh no, now I see, there's more coming - YAY!!! I guess I found this thread before HRM could finish it. Good I'll go look at her other thread and come back in a few.... I can be patient too. For a bit.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

And just when you thought Brier only showed his left cheek to the camera
he comes inside, climbs up on the rocker...
Name:  Brier in the rocker 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  63.9 KB

...settles comfortably into a patch of sun...
Name:  Brier in the sun 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  78.4 KB

...and takes a bit of a nap.
Name:  Snoozin' in the rocker 1-20-09.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  58.2 KB

Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Did HRM fall asleep here, this was a short story, but just as charming as always!

Actually, this is more like a photo essay than a story. This is the 7th one in the past week or so--one more to go (Princess Lil Belle) and the Pack will be fully chronicled!

Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Hazel I love the ones of Brier in the rocker. I can't believe he'd be comfy there to start off with, but he just looks so at peace with the world with the sun on his face. Beautiful. I hope you have those framed in a sequence just like that. They're gorgeous. Wow I'm glad I was patient and came back... I have loved looking at each of their threads, your pack is so fabulous and you are so inventive and clever in showing us their distinct personalities. Thank you for sharing so much with us.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:13 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

hazel runs at the mouth when it comes to talking about the Pack. It's not so much sharing as not being able to shut up about them... hazel is smitten.

I'm glad you're enjoying the threads!

It's pretty entertaining watching Brier get up into the chair. He starts out balanced precariously on the edge of the seat on all four sets of toes, facing the back of the chair and fighting for control (picture the chair jiggling rapidly ). Eventually, he's able to keep the chair still enough so that he can lean forward...which pitches him into the chair back...and allows him to turn sideways. Then, and only then, can he curl and tuck into something resembling a comfortable position.

By then he's exhausted from balancing on the chair, so he falls asleep almost immediately.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:26 AM

Aww Brier Boy what a goof

Absolutely love the 2nd rocking chair pic just gorgeous

A couple of cute & loud barky videos featuring Brier:

Why Hazel Run is overrun with hair balls aka Brier helps w/the housework

Brier loves to dance showing off his smooth moves

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM

The pics in the rocker are great, you have great looking dogs!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Aww Brier Boy what a goof

Yes, he is! "Clown" works, too!

Absolutely love the 2nd rocking chair pic just gorgeous

He certainly does look relaxed in that one! I always wonder if his legs fall asleep when he lets them hang like that!

A couple of cute & loud barky videos featuring Brier:

Why Hazel Run is overrun with hair balls aka Brier helps w/the housework

Brier loves to dance showing off his smooth moves
Thanks for posting the videos, growler! Is that first one the one with the vacuum cleaner? He seems to have finally come to terms with the vacuum...he no longer does that... I sorta miss that behavior...

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis'mom View Post
The pics in the rocker are great, you have great looking dogs!
Thanks, otis'mom! Your dogs are beautiful, too, but I have a hard time downloading the pics in your threads for some reason So I go hang out in your profile albums now and then to look at them. That Otis is just too cute!

Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Thanks for posting the videos, growler! Is that first one the one with the vacuum cleaner? He seems to have finally come to terms with the vacuum...he no longer does that... I sorta miss that behavior...
Yup the vacuum cleaner - cracks me up everytime You'll just hafta chase him with the vacuum more often then

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Brier...
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
border collie mama

the pictures of him in the rocking chair are great pictures! they all are, but i really love those three
Old February 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Thanks, ladies. I won't pass along the compliments, though--he already has the overinflated ego of the very young and unworldly

Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I really like the rocker pics.i would frame the first one i found it pleasing to the eyes,one of those pictures you could look at all day.well walking by or just standing there looking at it.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I've kind of got a hankering to break out the paint and do a portrait from one of those shots... Think the Pack would cooperate and be good while I work on it?

No.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I doubt it.i could see them skipping their nap time just to bug you if you started one.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
-

Hard to believe he's cuz he looks so
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Hard to believe he's cuz he looks so
omd, he's a silly brat!!! Typical two-year-old

Old February 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM
-

Quote:
It's pretty entertaining watching Brier get up into the chair. He starts out balanced precariously on the edge of the seat on all four sets of toes, facing the back of the chair and fighting for control (picture the chair jiggling rapidly ). Eventually, he's able to keep the chair still enough so that he can lean forward...which pitches him into the chair back...and allows him to turn sideways. Then, and only then, can he curl and tuck into something resembling a comfortable position.

By then he's exhausted from balancing on the chair, so he falls asleep almost immediately.
I love the rocker pics.

Any chance you have his "getting up there entertainment" on video?

Quote:
He seems to have finally come to terms with the vacuum...he no longer does that... I sorta miss that behavior...
That was so cute to watch ......too bad he doesn't still do it since it makes vacuuming more of a fun thing to do.
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
~Cat Servent~

I loooooove him in the rocker... he looks so wise! And I just adore all the colourful splotches on his face!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Live well, laugh often

Awwww Hazel, I love those pics of him on the rocker . It is like he is allowing us a peak at the dog he is develping into once all the crazy puppy, clown antics settle .
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Thanks, kr! But I'll believe 'wise' when I see it! He's got a way to go, the little nudnik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Any chance you have his "getting up there entertainment" on video?

Nope But I have the video camera in the living room now, so maybe I'll get lucky next time!

That was so cute to watch ......too bad he doesn't still do it since it makes vacuuming more of a fun thing to do.
At least it doesn't take me as long as it used to with him attached to the wand like he used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
Awwww Hazel, I love those pics of him on the rocker . It is like he is allowing us a peak at the dog he is develping into once all the crazy puppy, clown antics settle .
We can hope!! But see my message above to kr!

He's a nice boy, though--he's got a really good temperament

Old February 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

So sweet!! Cute and cuddly in that rocker!! I love your puppers. Can't pick a favourite!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

me either, 14+!

Old February 4th, 2009, 07:54 PM
-

Quote:
Nope But I have the video camera in the living room now, so maybe I'll get lucky next time!

Hope so.

Tags
deputy brier, hazel run pack