Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old May 21st, 2010, 04:24 PM

Hello everyone, my name is py144

I found this web site while looking for help with lost cats. I think i will be visiting often as there is so much information given. I am a cat person ( not that i don't like other animals ) and have had cats most of my life. I am not a person who takes in lots of cats, but there was this one stray (wild ) that i would see in my yard off and on. He would look at me, but never come close. I started to put a bowl of food out for him, for months never saw him eat it but food always gone. Soon he would look and wait for me to feed him. To make a long story short, he soon became a daily friend. One day he did not come, and it took four days before we found him in the driveway very ill and nearly dead. Since i had never touched him before, i got some food and worked with him to get him into garage, where i made him a bed and worked to clean him up and get him walking again. He was so sick he let me do anything with him. I got him well, fat, and litter trained. Him became known around the neighbourhood as peanut, every one knew he was our cat. Now next door to me is a trapper, who trapps or kills anything with four feet ( rabbits squirrels ect ) he and his wife hate cats, peanut has been gone for six weeks now, we know they trapped him as we see the trap in his yard, is there anything that can be done to some one like this. He is a licenced trapper, and his garage is where he skins and cleans these pelts. This is in a area of a village not out in the country with no neighbours around. Should anyone have any ideas on this please post
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

py144,it's too bad you could not get Peanut to become an in-door cat,after all you did for him.
Having neighbors like you do,I would move heaven and earth to find out if they trapped my cat,then have them charge.

I don't think it's legal to trap even little Squirrels and kill them,much less cats.
I have no advice really,other than confronting this horror of a person and contact your local HS reporting him.
I hope you find Peanut,alive and well
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:17 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, py144.

If you check with the local shelter and the police they can probably tell you what is legal and what isn't in your village. However, unless you have some proof, they may not be able to do more than give your neighbor a visit.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear about Peanut. I would definately call the Chatham humane society and ask them.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)