Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Lost Bengal: Edmonton, Hudson Park/Skyview area

Hudson Park/Skyview area: my Bengal Leopard cat went missing Nov 14. His name is Cayenne. Very friendly. He got loose from his harness so he does not have any tags on him, however, he is microchipped. Please, if you have any information, contact me asap. 780-862-2796
reward for return

I miss my baby and worry about him very much.
Attached Images

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Senior Contributor

He is very beautiful, where is Hudson park and Skyview? If I know anyone in your neighborhood I can ask them to keep an eye out for your guy. patti
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:04 PM

hi patti
thank you very much
hudson park is north west edmonton, around 137-146 avenue, and 127-142 street.

he is very beuatiful, and i worry sick about him, especially in this cold weather.
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful cat,I hope you find him,or someone doeshe is not hard to miss
I see it's -10C in Edmonton
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:57 AM

he is very beautiful...I worry about him very much, I just hope that he is not freezing, because it is very cold and windy
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Contributor

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69919

I don't know if I did this cut and copy properly or not, but it should hopefully lead you to a thread with good tips for helping to find your kitty.

Good luck to you, Cayenne is gorgeous, hopefully nobody decides to keep him for their own, it would probably be tempting. Put up posters offering a "substantial" reward. Your idea of substantial and theirs may not be the same, but it may be more tantalizing than $100. as it were.
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM

thank you for the link, I did everything like it says. I talked to vet clinic the day he dissapeared and they gave me the same kind of advices.
I hope people will realize, that pets ARE family members, and by keeping one that does not belong to it, it is the same crime (in my books anyway) as keeping someone's baby, just because one might think the baby is cute. It might sounds weird to someone, but it makes total sense to me.
I AM offering substantial reward, I didnot put any monetary value in posters, just to not attract some pranksters. To me, Cayenne, is everything, and I am not sure how I can put a monetary value on his life, but I am willing to pay
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Your kitty is probably not far and I highly recommend looking for him at 3-5 AM with a flashlight so you can see the reflection of his eyes. Ask your neighbours if you can look under their decks, in/under their sheds, etc. etc. Not sure if he is vocal, but you can use the quiet of the early morning to listen for his meows after you call his name. Another trick is shaking his favourite cat treat bag.

He may even be too afraid to come out when you are calling him. That happened to my parent's neighbour's cat . Five days to be found and the kitty was only a couple of doors down under my parent's deck, found at 4AM.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM

well, this is what I've been doing so far, going out at night or early in the morning, calling him. he is very vocal, this is the nature of Bengals, and he is not shy at all, he loves dof, people, so I dont see why he would be hiding somewhere. also, I am confused why would he hide, he has been exploring our neighbourhood many times, but he always was coming home.
I am keeping my hopes high, because everybody say that it might take a week for him to come back. he is neutred, so it is not call of nature. I just think he went after a rabbit and got inot unfamiliar territory. this is why I went to breakfast television this morning to expand my area of search. I want as many people as possible see him, so he would be safe.
thank you for all your concerns.
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Senior Contributor

If Cayenne strayed beyond his normal territory he may well be scared and hiding because he's lost! If he's very vocal that will help a lot. Do not give up hope, some cats on here have turned up months after going missing. Do leave a litter box out for him and a piece of your clothing in a box or something for him to shelter in. Cats are funny that way, even if he comes to sit on your doorstep he may run if he hears you coming, once spooked it takes them a while to settle back down again. Be Patient and don't give up.