Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old February 16th, 2010, 04:52 PM

From Kijiji:

"American Pit Bull Terrier

(This is a re-post because the pending buyer was not able to arrange the funds).

We have an intact male for sale. He is unregistered, so we suggest not using him for breeding. He is solid chocolate with a white chest. He is now eight months old, and has had basic obedience training, house training, and kennel training. He has been raised in a pack environment with all humans in the house hold portrayed as pack leader. He is quite submissive and has showed no aggressive actions towards our other dogs, or our children. We are choosing to find a new home for him because of his confirmation faults. He would make a great companion pet for any family. Please contact me for pictures, and to set up an appointment to view him. Also note that this is not a first come first served basis, we would like the best match possible between our boy and his new family.

Serious applicants only please."

Sooo....the dog is unregistered so they suggest you don't use him for breeding, but they don't want to keep him because of conformation faults which leads me to believe they were wanting to breed him...ok then kind of a double standard I think! At least they are looking at conformation...too bad they are overlooking registration papers!
Old February 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Owned by Angus & Brier

Unhappy here's one

"I have some pups to give away. They are ready to go now. they are eating and drinking on their own. they are 6 weeks old. Email or call for more info.This is the mom with them. she is a medium sized dog. I don't have a picture of the dad but he is also a medium sized dog. they have lab, terrior , and collie in them. Cell Number 856-0583. the other number is my house number. I have 5 males and 1 female left. "

6 weeks.....poor little pups.
Monty: You Will Be Forever In My Heart
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Here is a Kijiji ad for Westies. They are on the reduced rack, apparently the due date on their left leg indicates they are about to expire...

Ready February 13th. 3 males left.
Reduced from $450 so price is firm.

They come with their first shots, checkup and deworming (vet papers and health certificate come with the puppy). These are not registered.
The West Highland white Terriers as a breed are non shedding and hypoallergenic. They average 9 11 inches, and 13 18 lbs. Westies are very hardy terriers, easy to train, and get along well with children. They are lively and self assured with other dogs, but not aggressive. They make wonderful pets and additions to the family.
Harvey the English Bulldog Extraordinaire
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM

here's a doozy of an ad :

15 year old pug seeking good home

this is probably the most difficult and awkward posting i have ever had to write. bailey is 15 1/2 and is now deaf. her back legs don't function well and luckily they do not cause her pain - however, she is unable to control her bowel movements. she poohs wherever (in bed, down the hall, outside....everywhere). she is toilet trained but due to her age, she does not know when she is poohing. her back legs slide on tile or wood floors, she does better on rugs. she can go down few steps (up to 6 or 7), but cannot climb up - she needs to be carried (she weights approx 22lbs). she has a healthy appetite and is still very spunky. she barks at almost all dogs bigger than her but she's harmless.
currently, her best friend is a senior lab mix who is 16 years old but due to his condition we need to put him down soon.
i would like to visit bailey and am offering to pay for her food and regular vet visits. i sadly cannot have her with us as we have a 9 month old who will be crawling soon.
i know i have very few selling features with bailey, but she truly is a joy and she is loved and gives love....oh yeah, she snores too.
if you have a big heart please send me an email.

Old February 20th, 2010, 11:07 PM

Oh my... Why wouldn't they euthanize her? I can't imagine she would be very happy moving to a new home at her age and condition. So sad...
Old March 13th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Oooh, here's a fresh one off Kijiji (copy and paste):

"For sale a female and a male ckc registered with breeding rights.
MALE:- Fathered numerous litters, all his off spring matures at TEA CUP SIZES to 4 lb maximum, very smart and a super agressive breeder, REALLY GETSTHE JOB DONE!!!! Bluish line, 6 lb, partially house broken and sleep at his kennel all night long. NOT FRIENDLY TOWARDS OTHER MALES!!
FEMALE:- Have 4 litters of 8 puppies and her last litter was with 6 puppies. Fast delivery mom,very clean,very attention to the puppies. Very quiet and calm, uses a dog door, and is very friendly.partially house broken. Bluish line, 8 1/2 lb. Will be in heat anytime now!!
ALL these dogs are very well behaved,-- EXCELLLENT HEALTH,- both are 5 to 6 years old, all shots and dewormings UTD.

THESE DOGS ARE FOR SELL TO ''YORKIE''' BREEDERS ONLY- They are not house pets.
Contact 780-922 7555
"

At least they're registered...I guess.

Oh look they have another ad:

"For sale a pregnant female YORKSHIRE TERRIER, unregistered, 18 months old,pregnant by a 4 lbs yorkie- Teddy Bear face- due in the next 4 wks,-begining of April.
This female is from a very dark black line, her parents are from a Brasilian blood line, has had all her shots and numerous dewormings. She is kennel trained, uses a dog door and is a very quiet dog. JOY is a shy dog , however very friendly.
JOY just get a short hair cut and is ready for her new home.
We will be away at the time of her pregnacy and we decided to sell it. ((((Easter Time!!!)))
~*~*~*~* Asking $1500 or trade for 2 yorkie puppies READY NOW-Please do not email asking to give puppy back later on...Won't HAPPEN!!

Please contact us with a number for reply-NO EMAILS WILL BE RETURN!!!
SERIOUS "YORKIE" BREEDERS ONLY !! ! !! !!!
Contact 780-9227555
"
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchy View Post

this is probably the most difficult and awkward posting i have ever had to write. Bailey is 15 1/2 and is now deaf. Her back legs don't function well and luckily they do not cause her pain - however, she is unable to control her bowel movements. She poohs wherever (in bed, down the hall, outside....everywhere). She is toilet trained but due to her age, she does not know when she is poohing. Her back legs slide on tile or wood floors, she does better on rugs. She can go down few steps (up to 6 or 7), but cannot climb up - she needs to be carried (she weights approx 22lbs). She has a healthy appetite and is still very spunky. She barks at almost all dogs bigger than her but she's harmless.
Currently, her best friend is a senior lab mix who is 16 years old but due to his condition we need to put him down soon.
I would like to visit bailey and am offering to pay for her food and regular vet visits. I sadly cannot have her with us as we have a 9 month old who will be crawling soon.
I know i have very few selling features with bailey, but she truly is a joy and she is loved and gives love....oh yeah, she snores too.
If you have a big heart please send me an email.

are they out of their mind?
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Oooh, here's a fresh one off Kijiji (copy and paste):

"For sale a female and a male ckc registered with breeding rights.
MALE:- Fathered numerous litters, all his off spring matures at TEA CUP SIZES to 4 lb maximum, very smart and a super agressive breeder, REALLY GETSTHE JOB DONE!!!! Bluish line, 6 lb, partially house broken and sleep at his kennel all night long. NOT FRIENDLY TOWARDS OTHER MALES!!
FEMALE:- Have 4 litters of 8 puppies and her last litter was with 6 puppies. Fast delivery mom,very clean,very attention to the puppies. Very quiet and calm, uses a dog door, and is very friendly.partially house broken. Bluish line, 8 1/2 lb. Will be in heat anytime now!!
ALL these dogs are very well behaved,-- EXCELLLENT HEALTH,- both are 5 to 6 years old, all shots and dewormings UTD.

THESE DOGS ARE FOR SELL TO ''YORKIE''' BREEDERS ONLY- They are not house pets.

censored:!!!!!!! Can someone give me permission to these people!!
Contact 780-922 7555
"

At least they're registered...I guess.

Oh look they have another ad:

"For sale a pregnant female YORKSHIRE TERRIER, unregistered, 18 months old,pregnant by a 4 lbs yorkie- Teddy Bear face- due in the next 4 wks,-begining of April.
This female is from a very dark black line, her parents are from a Brasilian blood line, has had all her shots and numerous dewormings. She is kennel trained, uses a dog door and is a very quiet dog. JOY is a shy dog , however very friendly.
JOY just get a short hair cut and is ready for her new home.
We will be away at the time of her pregnacy and we decided to sell it. ((((Easter Time!!!)))
~*~*~*~* Asking $1500 or trade for 2 yorkie puppies READY NOW-Please do not email asking to give puppy back later on...Won't HAPPEN!!

Please contact us with a number for reply-NO EMAILS WILL BE RETURN!!!
SERIOUS "YORKIE" BREEDERS ONLY !! ! !! !!!
Contact 780-9227555
"
!! Can someone please give me permission to and these people?
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay9 View Post
!! Can someone please give me permission to and these people?
Ok, I absolutely give you permission to and these ppl! Hell I'll go along with pom poms and cheer ya on!
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM

"Wanted: NEED A PUPPY BY TODAY!

Hi.

I'm looking for a puppy or older small dog that's $100 or less.
I can do trades , but I don't have very much to trade. I could trade a ipod nano video 8GB (purple) .

I'm in summerside so it'd have to be close or delivered ( for extra? )

Please send me some pictures, I really want one for tonight as I have been looking for awhile with no sucess.
"
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
"Wanted: NEED A PUPPY BY TODAY!

Hi.

I'm looking for a puppy or older small dog that's $100 or less.
I can do trades , but I don't have very much to trade. I could trade a ipod nano video 8GB (purple) .

I'm in summerside so it'd have to be close or delivered ( for extra? )

Please send me some pictures, I really want one for tonight as I have been looking for awhile with no sucess.
"
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! One can only scream when reading that.
Old March 19th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Sooo....the dog is unregistered so they suggest you don't use him for breeding, but they don't want to keep him because of conformation faults which leads me to believe they were wanting to breed him...ok then kind of a double standard I think! At least they are looking at conformation...too bad they are overlooking registration papers!
No, go back and read a little more closely. It's his "confirmation faults" that are causing them to get rid of him. Their church will not confirm him. Kidding.

Mine is pretty tame in comparison but I get a bit of a kick out the ad for "black chocolate Lab puppies."

And the ones where I suspect the seller phoned the ad in and the person at the paper spells "mare for sale" as "mayor for sale", which we all know is not out of the realm of possibility.

Yours are all better than mine. Edited to say: No, I mean they are worse. Oh, you know what I mean.

Last edited by Longblades; March 19th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Senior Contributor

The worst Ive seen, Somebody asking for a Free rabbit to put in his fenced back yard with his dog to test his dogs drive...

Sickening.
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old March 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchy

this is probably the most difficult and awkward posting i have ever had to write. Bailey is 15 1/2 and is now deaf. Her back legs don't function well and luckily they do not cause her pain - however, she is unable to control her bowel movements. She poohs wherever (in bed, down the hall, outside....everywhere). She is toilet trained but due to her age, she does not know when she is poohing. Her back legs slide on tile or wood floors, she does better on rugs. She can go down few steps (up to 6 or 7), but cannot climb up - she needs to be carried (she weights approx 22lbs). She has a healthy appetite and is still very spunky. She barks at almost all dogs bigger than her but she's harmless.
Currently, her best friend is a senior lab mix who is 16 years old but due to his condition we need to put him down soon.
I would like to visit bailey and am offering to pay for her food and regular vet visits. I sadly cannot have her with us as we have a 9 month old who will be crawling soon.
I know i have very few selling features with bailey, but she truly is a joy and she is loved and gives love....oh yeah, she snores too.
If you have a big heart please send me an email.

are they out of their mind?

No...just REALLY REALLY mean !!!!!
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM

Fresh from today:

Beautiful French Bulldog cross designer puppy.

Very unique Mix. Looks like mini Boxers/Mastiff.

Come with first shots, dewormed, vet checks.

Will be between 20-30Lbs full grown. Great house dog size.

Wonderful puppy, Very well socialized with children and other dogs. Great colouring, excellent temperment.

Both Parents can be seen.

1 Female left

7 weeks old

Ready to go May 1st.

(pictured at 5 weeks)

$1200
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:55 PM

Mother cat 1-2 years of age (calico) and kitten (black and white female) born on March 11 need a loving home. Mother cat was bread with my friend's cat (black and white). I need to find them a good home since I am asthmatic and can no longer keep them. Both are very affectionate. Litter box, toys, food, treats etc are included. Kitten is eating solid food and litter trained. Please contact me if interested...

Why would you breed your cat if you knew you were asthmatic?? And how do you not know how bred is spelled?
Come Visit Us! http://myminizoo.wordpress.com