Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 14th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Pregnant Husky Rescue

About a month or so ago my neighbours rescued a female husky from the local shelter. Well, actually they bumped into the owner of the dog as she was 'surrendering' it to the pound. They spoke with one another, and my neighbours happily took the dog from her without the involvement of the shelter!

The female dog is about a year old, if that and was neglected as she has an injured front paw from a fracture that wasn't reset and now walks on the bend of the leg.

Her new owners want to give her surgery to repair the fracture, which means a rebreak and set and cast. Lots for a young dog to go through but hopefully will give her happier days ahead.

Here's the kicker!!

They just found out from their vet that the dog is pregnant!

AH HA! The injury wasn't the only reason the owners wanted rid of this beautiful girl.

She's supposed to give birth within the next month. I'll keep you updated on all the news on her. Going to talk to her parents to see if they want to post the adoption of the new pups to be on here! Will take a pic of her soon and get it up if they agree.

Any tid bits or advise I can pass along to them would be appreciated. Especially about the birth of the pups and the fracture.

ALSO if anyone knows of a great orthopaedic surgeon in the Toronto area ... I'll pass it on to them. The one I know of moved far out to the country.

Just makes me sick!! A beautiful snowy day and this girl can't enjoy to play in the snow. WHICH by the way is her name, SNOW!

She is just beautiful!

Luba