Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM

stolen bichon frise in ontario

9 months ago my mom was absolutely heartbroken. Her 3 year old bichon, Breezy was playing in the backyard for about 10 minutes while my mom went in to check on dinner and when she went to check on him he was gone. The gate was closed and there was no way for him to have gotten out. After putting up hundreds of flyers, and even offering a reward...nothing happened. Flyers at the grocery store would be found ripped down, only within the first week of posting them (even though there was a 30 day period she paid to have them up there.)

My mom assumed someone stole him because he was just the sweetest angel...always wanting to be in your lap and give kisses...just a sweetheart.

My mom's suspisions were confirmed just last week! The oddest thing happened. My mom owns a doll store in campbellville, ON www.irresistibledolls.com (about 20 minute drive from where she used to live..she's since moved homes) and a lady with a bichon came in. My mom didn't notice him right away...but the lady said she would pick him up because he really likes stuffed animals (breezy's favourite toys). Well, as soon as she did, my mom almost broke down. It was breezy. (he is very distinct looking as he is MUCH bigger than a regular bichon and has certain features) My mom tried to keep her cool, and was asking questions like when she got him. The lady said she lived in Burlington, ON (a skip and a jump away from my mom's home in Mississauga, ON) and that her husband brought him home about 9 months ago as a surprise.

After asking a few questions (in friendly conversation) my mom took a chance and called breezy's name. He immediately got excited and responded. The lady tightened her grip on him and hurried to the door of the store! My mom couldn't hold back her tears and begged the lady to wait a minute. My mom asked to look at his tattoo as she had his papers right there in the store. But the lady wouldn't listen! Wouldn't show my mom the tattoo and kept saying she had to talk to her husband. My mom couldn't hold her hostage, so she asked the lady to take her business card and to please please call her...that was last week and still have heard nothing.

My mom had the local police over, called the breeder and has done everything possible to see what she could do. Which is, essentially, nothing.

So I'm posting this in hopes that if people do live in Ontario Canada we can get the word out for my mom. I will be posting a pic of breezy shortly, and if anyone knows of a way we can get help or spread this word..or has even seen my moms dog, please email me tmthughes@yahoo.com.

This is a desperate plea! HUGE reward being offered!
breezy is much larger than normal bichons , has large eyes and has the breeder's tattoo number on his thigh.
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Thats very awful! I hope she gets her dog back, so very sad that people are so greedy they steal others pets.
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:32 PM

thanks. Just some additional id info: he was stolen Sept 17, 2003 is approx. 20 lbs, isabout 3 years old and his tattoo id is PN615J located on his right hind thigh.

Any help is appreciated
my mom hasnt stopped crying since he left, so I am offering a HUGE reward for his return.
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

There are some other sites you can post this on as well

www.lostandfound.ca

www.petfinder.com

www.canadastrays.com

Ofcourse pictures are very important when doing this.
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Maybe your mom would be interested?

http://www.etobicokehumanesociety.co...ore.cfm?ID=262
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Senior Contributor

You may have tried this already, but just incase you have not, try using the site www.cvo.org to get a list of all the vets in your area. You can then fax them a poster and ask them to put it up in their office or at least keep an eye out for you puppy. I am using it to find all the vets in the area and fax them a poster of my cat that escaped from our van while on a trip to Ontario in July 2003. The other site that can help is www.listingsca.com. You can look under Ontario/animals/dogs for rescue groups in your area that may have given your dog up for adoption. Good luck
Old June 10th, 2004, 09:26 AM

Please don't rely solely on the tatoo as it can easily be modified. Just because the tatoo does not correspond, it does not mean this is not your mom's dog. I hope she gets her dog back - that is just aweful - stealing another person's pet - like it was a bicycle or something!
Good Luck!
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:32 AM

Luba, I guess someone already adopted that one...cause the link doesn't work anymore. No luck as of yet, but we're in the process of calling all vets in the Burlington area, faxing in a picture of Breezy, and also putting up pictures/flyers in Campbellville where my mom saw him in the shop so that other shop owners can recognize him in case she comes back to town.

Its amazing what people will do these days..going from stealing things like cars and bikes to a dog.
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Wow that was quick, I'll keep my eye open for you
Old June 12th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Harleys mom that is a very sad story. I do hope you can find breezy. I can't believe that lady just left when she could see the pain in your moms eye's. I would be furious with my husband if I found that an apparant gift was at the expense of someone else. That damn lady has no heart or she would have talked longer with your mom and returned the dog.

I hope this story has a good ending .

I think the idea of sending Breezy's pic to all the vets is a great idea and perhaps add the info that Breezy has been sited in the area of your moms shop with a woman (put her description).
Good luck
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:11 PM

My mom found a pic of Breezy..unfortunately it does not show all of him, but it gives a pretty good idea. Please Please feel free to cross post my plea and picture!

http://excoboard.com/forums/6718/user/33886/45390.jpg
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:16 PM

here's the actual pic

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/746745/RYAN.JPG
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Senior Contributor

You can tell he's a dearly loved little guy. I hope he's reunited with your mom. This is every pet owner's fear.