Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Tortitude???

LOL A new word I learned yesterday in the intro forum here.

So what I am trying to find out is if this is my cats problem or could it be more. My cat Siren is completely unpredictable in her behavior. She is a kitten from my ex's cat who passed away shortly after she had her kittens. So she was bottle fed along with all her littler mates. Between me and a great vet we we're able to keep all 5 kittens alive and found wonderful homes for them all. The first one did not leave tell 9 weeks the rest just after 11 weeks.

Siren was given to a family and after only 7 months I got a very frustrated call from her owner telling me there was no way they could keep her anymore due to her violent behavior. So I took her back. She was just about a year old. She will be 3 on Aug 12th.

Okay here is what I deal with pretty much daily, I walk down the hallway and she will hide in a doorway and attack me as I walk past, if your hand is hanging over the edge of the couch, she will attack, if anyone comes to my house I have to lock her in a room because she will hiss at them and attack, if I do not get up at 5am and feed her she will attack me to wake me up, she scratches everything. I have had to sand my front door so much I am looking at replacing it. My couch, bed, chair, are pretty much toast.

I have tried repellent for my furniture, catnip spray for her scratch posts, I have tried the water gun, spray bottle things nothing stops her.

I just don't know what to do anymore. After reading a lot on here, maybe this is just normal torti attitude or is it more? I also heard about a calming collar, has anyone had any good luck with them?

Do they make kitty prozac?