Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old November 26th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Herbie the Love Pug's Mom

Any solution?

Has there been any resolution to this at all? Please get back to us immaterial girl.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Senior Contributor

whinnie-boo...........if you want this cat why dont you phone her mom directly ....to my understanding that is why she posted it. The cat is there and her fate depends on them so seems to me the easiest and swiftest way is to just phone her. IMO she has been kind enough to keep her daughters cat this long but is now burdened because of her hubbies allergies and must find a new home asap. So how about you just give her a call. immaterialgirl is just the middle person here, best to deal directly with the person who has winnies fate, and give her all these suggestions

My 2 cents
Old November 29th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Senior Contributor

still no responce from anyone?

I guess winnies days are numbered
If they have not allready ended :sad:
Old November 29th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Senior Contributor

I believe Winnie is gone :sad: she obviously meant nothing to these parents,so killing her was the easiest way out..they did keep her for a year,so the"allergy"problem cannot be that bad...
In my view Allergies is getting a little tired,I am sure for some it's valid,but it is also the most common excuse to get rid of a lovely cat,who is no more a cute kitten
Since coming to Canada I had never in my life heard of soooo many people with allergies to this and that!!!
Would you not make sure you are allergic to animals BEFORE you get them??
Old November 29th, 2004, 10:34 AM

I have called this morning but there was no answer.I left a message so hopefully I will hear from them soon.I'm not sure how she will get along with my kitty but i'm willing to foster her until she finds a forever home or Winnie adopts us
*crossing fingers*
Old November 29th, 2004, 11:25 AM

Winnie

Good Morning, I just stopped in this morning hoping that there would be an update on Winnie, no such luck, eh? Too bad.
I tried twice on the weekend to get through, with no luck. I so hope that it is not too late. I'm going to check the transportation forum and see if there is any luck there.
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old November 29th, 2004, 01:58 PM

Red face update on Winnie

When my crusade to save Winnie started last Thursday night I never thought it would get to this - but every one is pitching in. My sister has made her own posters and posted them about town and has been sending out group emails, etc. I have been out around Montreal putting up posters and have even met people on the way who want to help find her a home.
I just spent the weekend moving and have no internet connection at home for the moment and I am very busy at work, but I will try my best to keep you up to date.
For the moment though, the woman who has her says that she will keep her for a few more weeks as long as we will take her eventually - and hopefully to a new home.
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank's for telling us,but I thought she was with your parents
There are thousands of cats in Quebec needing a warm place to call home,but maybe she'll be lucky.....I do however hope,they don't just hand her over to anyone,but a responsible person who will finally give the poor cat a forever home....
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

I will list Winnie on my site and hope some kind person will take pity on her. You must be careful who you give her to, since the person you have already given her to seems to know or care nothing about cats.

You must also charge an adoption fee.
Old November 29th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Lucky,I think Immaterialgirl is 2.000 miles away and probably does not have a say in where Winnie goes...I have a feeling they'll just be happy to get rid of her and will not charge anything :sad:
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Senior Contributor

immaterialgirl says that she's in Montreal??
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
Lucky,I think Immaterialgirl is 2.000 miles away and probably does not have a say in where Winnie goes...I have a feeling they'll just be happy to get rid of her and will not charge anything :sad:
Isn't the "2000 miles away" thing in a different post - I think it's about "Leppy"??
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah,sorry about that..I got a little mixed up it happens quiet often these days
Old December 1st, 2004, 03:41 PM

Winnie Has Been Saved

Thanks to RAINY!!!!!

She has Winnie and now we are just trying to make the arrangements to have her brought from Oshawa to Brampton, anyone who can help A.S.A.P would be much appreciated.
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:23 PM

Thank you so much whinnie boo, I'm so happy for you! :love: Let us know how Winnie is when you get her.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:12 AM

Winnie relaxing on the counter. She's still coming around .She doesn't trust yet...but she wants too! Winnie is so undemanding and calm.She loves rubbbing up on your legs.The first morning she met my 2 boys(human) she was growling and hissing.Yesterday they both recieved leg rubs.
Winnie doesn't understand why the heck she's been moved from house to house and why her family no longer wants her.She is a talker and wants to be with you but she's not sure if she should.My youngest son doesn't understand why he can't just pick her up for a cuddle or kiss her. Winnie also hates Smokey (our kitty) especially since he's intact still waiting for his second shot and procedure.So Smokey gets to stay in the bedroom when I bring my boys to school or am out for abit.Thankfully Winnie loves to lie on my kitchen counter and although she growls like a ferocious beast at him there have been no attacks.I have to watch them every second that Smokey is out of the room.This is alot of work but hey guess what.........Winnie is alive and well .
This morning I was treated to a little paw action (paws kneading the leg) with a request for head scratches! WTG Winnie! I'm sorry your family didn't love you enough to hmmm maybe section off a part of the house to minimize allergies...and/or purchase a HEPA air filter.
Winnie also wouldn't eat right away because she was too scared.Good thing I knew cats are suckers for tuna! hehe Now she is eating her food also.
I'm not sugar coating this because i'm sure someone is reading this from her previous family and I think they should feel terrible that they didn't love Winnie enough.
I'd like to know what happened to the love that made you scratch Winnies name and your phone number on the back of her tag.....I bet you Winnie is wondering the same thing.
Attached Images

Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh I'm so happy to hear this ......this is awesome thanks Rainy your a hero :love: and an angel
((((((((HUGS))))))))) from winnie your her hero as well
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

She is adorable. I am sure you are giving her lots of physical contact which to me is the universal medicine and helps them relax.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:58 AM

Not a hero .LOL I just was not going to let a healthy,spunky cat with tons of life and love to give be put to sleep for someones lack of empathy.Winnie IMO will not ever really relax totally and comfortably in my home because there is so much action in here. 2 boys age 5 and 7 are not calming for a cat lacking trust and just looking for a warm safe place to call home where she can lay on a comfy kitchen chair or a counter top .
What really makes me sad is thinking....Had she been put to sleep she wouldn't have enjoyed that rolling session on my carpet this morning,you know the kind where they are sprawled on their backs having a good squirming rub with a silly look on their face .I would have loved to rub her chubby tummy that was exposed but she's not ready for that yet......maybe one day
We are still hoping that Winnie will get a home that meets all her needs but until then ....one day at a time. Unless she decides to adopt us.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:02 AM
Senior Contributor

ok maybe I'm confused but.......I thought winnie-boo is trying to get transport from your place to hers to keep winnie?
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:16 AM

Should transportation get worked out I will be happy to speak with Whinnie-Boo to make sure this is the right home for Winnie.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

sent you a PM
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:47 AM

recieved and replied
Old December 3rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank you Rainy, for keeping this cat from being killed for no reason!!!

And excuse me, but I just have to say this, cause it bugs me every time I see it.

The original post said:
Quote:
New Mommy doesn't want her because she hasn't come around yet and my mother wants to do the only thing she things is responsible at this point - euthanize her!
"Euthanization" is an act performed to END SUFFERING, from painful disability, extreme old age, and/or incurable or fatal disease. It is done for the animal's benefit.

Ending a life for convenience or simply because the animal is no longer wanted is KILLING.
This is not my opinion, but merely definitions.

End of rant. You may continue with your regularly scheduled program.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:03 PM

<insert embarrased smiley here>I don't know how to respond to Thank you so i'll just *blush* As you know I haven't had kitties in my life since I lived with my parents! At least 16 years ago! I'll be picking your brains and needing advise i'm sure .......to make sure Winnie is adjusting ok. Huge thank you to you and Shannon83
Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:14 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly and i'll match your rant with my own.
I don't know what kitty she was describing in her original post but it is not Winnie! Granted she is sweet ,but likes being bossed? Heck no, No,no,no,no,no!
Winnie likes music,a nice calm voice and being left alone to let her come to you....She shows signs of having had to put up with stuff...
Old December 3rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quick tip - keep her in a bedroom by herself until she is thoroughly comfortable in there before letting her free in the house.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
Senior Contributor

To Winnie! Please work your charms on Rainy,she's half-way there to give you the home you always wanted.
You probably suffered with lack of love for many years and who knows what else,but there are humans who will love you and treat you right,just allow it to happen....be a good little girl,let yourself be loved,start the loudest purr-machine going and you might get lucky!
No pressure
Old December 3rd, 2004, 03:22 PM

Reading this story has made my Friday even better. Thanks soooo much for saving this beauty. :love:

3 very furry kids -

2 black cats - Pepper and Joey
1 Shih Tzu Puppy - Sophie
Old December 5th, 2004, 12:24 AM

I though whinnie boo would be getting winnie immediately from Rainy... guess that's not the case. So thank you Rainy then! I'm go glad to hear this has worked out....

- Woodrow Wilson