Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old September 18th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Wayward Family Cats Mommy

Smile Yay!

New people to talk to about my favorite things - CATS!!!! I already got some really great help on two new cats I'll be getting on the pet health board, but I thought I'd say hello here.

I may be stupid, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to put up pictures. I've put up a picture for my avatar and there's a profile picture spot, but I have six cats. I need six pictures. Can someone tell me where to post them?

Anyway, I think I'll be very happy here!

Regards,
Robin
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Swift Tribe

you can click on the little paper clip thingie in the 'post' box or you can just start up a photobucket account!! i use photobucket because then i know where all of my pics are online. if i decide i dont want it up anymore, i either delete it form photobucket (which effectively deletes it from everywhere else its suppose to be) or i simply move it which kills the links i use on forums.

-ashley
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Howdy, rjesak! Welcome to the board.

Once you figure out how to post pics, you can also use a trick I use for my crew--group shots.

However you end up doing it, though, I'm looking forward to seeing pix of your menagerie!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:24 AM

This'll let me attach three at a time so here are the first three.

Oscar - he's a Maine Coon so he can't jump all that high but boy can he climb stuff!

Gus - he was my abuse rescue. I got him from the shelter - I don't know who abused him (which is good because all my beliefs on vigilanteism and such would go down the tubes in short order).

Zander - He's not a smart cat. I'm sometimes surprised he remembers how to breathe but he's very sweet and the warmest cat ever - you never need a heating pad with him around.
Attached Images

Old September 18th, 2007, 10:29 AM

My three girls are here.

Misty is a tassle-eared sweetie. She would be happy if I never left home. I feel guilty whenever I have to leave her alone for more than a couple of hours (which happens at least three days a week).

Storm is Misty's sister. When I say she beeps, it because she has this little abbreviated meow that is very much a beep. She likes it when I get on my hands and knees and make a mommy-shaped cave for her to climb into.

Anya is Zander's sister and is a little brighter than he is and just as sweet. She's almost like a dog - she's not territorial about places at all. If I'm there, she's happy.
Attached Images

Old September 18th, 2007, 10:31 AM

And last but not least is the one group shot of them I've ever been able to get. I have to thank the squirrel on the deck for that.
Attached Images

Old September 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM

Welcome!

Your family are very cute. I am loving the group shot. It is very so funny to watch them all so engaged in the squirrel they were watching.

I have a 10 year old tabby named Jade and she is quite a character. She has that squeaky meow as well, but she only does it when she wants food.

Laura
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They're gorgeous, rjesak! And they all do love squirrels, don't they? They share that particular interest with my dogs--they've all been known to spend hours watching squirrels at the feeder, too!

Thanks for posting all of your lovely furrbabies' pics!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:29 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

DO I COUNT 6 CATS????? I am envious wow what a beautiful brood!
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:31 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

No I am not envious, I am downright jealous. What wonderful cats.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:31 AM

Beauties all of them!

welcome to the board!

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,what big beautiful cats
Love Maine Coons,you are very lucky to be able to have 6 kitties..they are wonderful creatures