Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
~Cat Servent~

My doves and squirrells...

These guys are entertainment for the cats almost daily... except the other day when there was some sort of hawk ON the squirrell's nest eating one of them... I got so mad, I went out and threw little sticks at the darn thing. Beautiful bird, but it's not eating my squirrells right in front of me... he finally flew off with it. :sad: These are from a few days later when they finally ventured out to eat...
Attached Images

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
~Cat Servent~

And I gotta have one of the squirrell inspectors of course!!!
Attached Images

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Inspectors to ensure proper squirrelliness! The Inspectors do look like they really enjoy their work!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I love mourning doves. So peaceful to watch and the noise they make when they take off.............

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 22nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer love your pics,I have soo many Mourningdoves,at night they look like ornaments in the tree,one day I counted 32 in one tree.
I also had 42 Pigeons waiting for feed,hubbie says they'll eat up our pension
You know I feed the Squirrels and I too have Hawks every day,but have yet to see one take a Squirrel,I did not think they would,the Squirrels freeze in place when the Hawk is here.
Once I had a Hawk on my pool-fence with a Pigeon struggling in his talons,I too tried to get the Hawk to drop him,but instead he flew away with the Pigeon,it's brutal to see and I cried,but it is the way of nature,the beautiful Hawks have to eat.
Old December 24th, 2007, 12:24 AM
~Cat Servent~

Ya I know... this one though was perched right ON the squirrell nest... right after that nasty storm so all the squirrells no doubt were trapped inside, it may have been a smaller bird that he was actually eating, I just didn't want to have to see it first thing in the morning!:sad:

As for those inspectors, they all love to sit in either the office here or my bedroom, big windows that both face the feeders. They LOVE the mourning doves, which also happen to be my favorites too. I wish we got pidgeons I like those too. I have those nyger seed socks out and get a lot of finches, although I am kinda surprised that they are still here, I thought they flew south. Mostly squirrells and doves though. And I also love the coos and noises they make, and I love the subtle colours.