Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM

found dog in woodbridge, on

This male dog is well trained and very obedient. He is a medium sized dog with poodle-type hair. He is kind of shaggy and his fur is matted - so his owners probably keep his hair in curls. We are not sure of what kind of dog this is.

This dog may be pure bred as he has a tattoo marking inside his ear. He is an overall white colour and was not wearing a collar when he was found.

He was found wandering along Weston Rd just North of Major Mackenzie.

He has been bathed (still dirty though.. he's had quite an adventure; we just ran out of hot water) and we have offerred him kibble and water. He was awake all night just wanting to get back to his family.

The animal control group in Vaughan is not open until Tuesday Oct 14th and we will be keeping the dog with us until then.

If you suspect this is your dog, or think you may know the owners please email at laura.antonio (at) rogers.com or call 647-9996214

Help us get this guy home! He's such a well behaved pooch that his owners must be going crazy without him.
Attached Images

Old October 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Aw poor pooch...thank you for taking care of him. I hope that there are owners out there for him and he was not just "released"

If you can even just post some posters in the area at stores or bus stops it might generate some leads.

Happy thanksgiving and please let us know if/when this has a happy ending
Old October 12th, 2008, 11:07 AM
-

I noticed that you also posted on infopet.ca I was looking at the Toronto Humane Society's lost and found, a dog went missing in Markham yesterday but I think the one you have found is larger here is the link: http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/...ublic_dogs.asp ID - Dog 2580

Have you been able to read the tattoo? Good luck in finding the owners.
Old October 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
I noticed that you also posted on infopet.ca I was looking at the Toronto Humane Society's lost and found, a dog went missing in Markham yesterday but I think the one you have found is larger here is the link: http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/...ublic_dogs.asp ID - Dog 2580

Have you been able to read the tattoo? Good luck in finding the owners.

Dog 2580 is a female.
Old October 12th, 2008, 02:05 PM
-

What about Dog #2572.....he was lost near the intersection of Rogers and Old Weston Road. Is that close to Weston Rd just North of Major Mackenzie?
Old October 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM

I live in woodbrige and lost my Bichon (but it was a long time ago)March 18th 2007. The dog you have isn't him..my dog was missing some of his bottom front teeth. The dog you have seems to have all his teeth.

Anways, I will keep and eye/ear out around woodbridge to see if I come across anyone who has lost a dog.
Attached Images

Old October 13th, 2008, 11:09 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Dog 2580 is a female.
Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
What about Dog #2572.....he was lost near the intersection of Rogers and Old Weston Road. Is that close to Weston Rd just North of Major Mackenzie?
It's not that far Rainbow when a dog starts to run. I looked at the post #2572 I think this dog looks bigger, but I emailed them the link.
Old October 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM

pls be aware about euthanasia

pls be aware about any animal shelter's policy about euthanasia( putting the animal down(death). Some shelters only hold any animals dogs/cats for about a week then the animal gets euthanized. Pls check first before turning any dog into a shelter...ty.
Old October 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Old Weston and Rogers Rd is no where near Weston and Major Mackenzie unfortunately. 20 km separates them as well as most of the City of Toronto, the 401, the 400 and the 407, railway lines and many many very busy major streets.:sad:

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??