Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
Aww Adriann

I think all of us here are rooting for you & Hortan lot of for you guys
I know! Thank you! I couldn't be more relieved!
Old December 17th, 2008, 03:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriann27 View Post
Ok, figured it out. Because I'm a new member, it takes a couple of days.
ooopsie...ya, I knew that sorry!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwww you changed your avatar pic

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Adriann,I was also thinking,although it's of course a lot of money,but isn't $400 a little cheap for a purebred puppy??
I've never bought a puppy,but even in the horrible pet-stores here,a puppy can run from $500-$1.000.
Maybe these breeders knew,Horton was not well..
These breeders do this,knowing the buyers will do anything to make the puppy healthy.
Just knowing they fed him Purina Puppy-Chow tells a lot.

We have many members and with our combined thoughts and good vibes,Horton just has to improve
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hugs to your boy! Welcome aboard as you can see we are a wonderful family....we may not always agree but have lots of info to offer!!

Love your avatar~ He looks so cute I want to give him a big hug!

I had a crazy thought! You could get Horton a brother and call him Tim!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Adriann,I was also thinking,although it's of course a lot of money,but isn't $400 a little cheap for a purebred puppy??
I've never bought a puppy,but even in the horrible pet-stores here,a puppy can run from $500-$1.000.
Maybe these breeders knew,Horton was not well..
These breeders do this,knowing the buyers will do anything to make the puppy healthy.
Just knowing they fed him Purina Puppy-Chow tells a lot.

We have many members and with our combined thoughts and good vibes,Horton just has to improve
Well, it actually is on the expensive side. In North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia the price range is from $250 to $500. And he is the first purebred I've ever purchased. I love the breed so much because my childhood dogs where bassets and bloodhounds and my first dog was a rescue but he was a basset. My cats have always been from the humane society (or my own rescues) and I volunteered at my hometown humane society for years. So, I admit I went in to purchasing a puppy very uneducated about it.

With all that said, yes....I think or wonder did they know that something was wrong with him. To think that to me is just horrible, I have sent them numerous emails on Hortons health with not so much as a response or phone call. Judd and I have had to call them. They don't give a .
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Hugs to your boy! Welcome aboard as you can see we are a wonderful family....we may not always agree but have lots of info to offer!!

Love your avatar~ He looks so cute I want to give him a big hug!

I had a crazy thought! You could get Horton a brother and call him Tim!

Cindy
WE would have 100 dogs if we could! And cats, and horses, and whatever other critters! Can you tell I'm a country girl! :-) We thought about Bert and Ernie if we ever get two together!
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:41 PM

Horton's Doctors

I realize that one day you all are going to tell me to shut up! But I have to say that I just picked up my boy from my vets office. I just want to brag on them, they are so amazing and I'm so confident that he is getting the best care that there is, not just medical care, but the whole staff just love him and give him special attention. Today he was sent home with Alban for the Coccida and Diazapan for bed time to stop the seizures at night. The whole staff came up with him when they brought him from the back to say goodbye and my Doc wants me to leave him there everyday with his meds so that they can look after him while I'm at work until we figure out what exactly is causing the seizures. Doggie day care!! His vet bill is out of this world now, but they are going to let me make payments as we can afford it.
He is a special pup and we are lucky to have him.
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Hi Adriann, I'm very happy to read that he shows no problems from his liver!

Old December 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Senior Contributor

My 6 week old

Good luck nailing those 'breeders' and wishing you and your pup a healthy future. Check out if the state you purchased him from has 'a lemon dog law', it has been beneficial in prosecuting and procuring funds from greedy, low-life breeders who sell sick puppies.
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
I realize that one day you all are going to tell me to shut up! But I have to say that I just picked up my boy from my vets office. I just want to brag on them, they are so amazing and I'm so confident that he is getting the best care that there is, not just medical care, but the whole staff just love him and give him special attention. Today he was sent home with Alban for the Coccida and Diazapan for bed time to stop the seizures at night. The whole staff came up with him when they brought him from the back to say goodbye and my Doc wants me to leave him there everyday with his meds so that they can look after him while I'm at work until we figure out what exactly is causing the seizures. Doggie day care!! His vet bill is out of this world now, but they are going to let me make payments as we can afford it.
Sounds like you've found a wonderful vet, Adriann! And I think Horton is pretty lucky to have found you!

As to telling you to shut up any time in the near future? Well...I don't think so! We will bug you unmercifully for more pictures of your little darling, however! So please keep them coming as time allows.

for Horton, in such good hands!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM

Unbelievable!

So now the breeders are blaming my vet!!!!! In the email they acually said they think my vet is trying to rob my money!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY???? Well they have openned a can of whoop! Horton's mad now!!
Old December 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Sounds like you've found a wonderful vet, Adriann! And I think Horton is pretty lucky to have found you!

As to telling you to shut up any time in the near future? Well...I don't think so! We will bug you unmercifully for more pictures of your little darling, however! So please keep them coming as time allows.

for Horton, in such good hands!
I'm taking some more tonight! I was looking at the christmas pictures you guys have put up....I think I may have one that is just adorable!!
Old December 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
So now the breeders are blaming my vet!!!!! In the email they acually said they think my vet is trying to rob my money!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY???? Well they have openned a can of whoop! Horton's mad now!!
I so hope you can nail these guys... It sounds like they soooo need nailing...

Quote:
I'm taking some more tonight! I was looking at the christmas pictures you guys have put up....I think I may have one that is just adorable!!
WooooHoooooo!

Old December 17th, 2008, 10:04 PM

Just Venting

Hello my new found friends!! So, I bought Horton in NC. There are no lemon laws for that state and the contract is to loosy goosy to hold them to. After my correspondance with these tonight, I'm prepared to call all the news stations (I think Horton has the face of a TV star). They have to take some responsibility for this little guy and all the future puppies they intend to bring in to this world.
What do you think? Evil or Fair? Horton's already practicing his sad face!
Tonight I demanded that they refund our money and take responsibility for 50% of the vet bills. We will see if they do the right thing.
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM

Wait and see what if they hold up to what you ask for (refund plus 50%) before trying to go public, sad to say if they give you what you ask for the case is essentially "closed" in the eyes of the media since there is no more "drama". See how the "breeders" react to your demands, then threaten them to go public and if that doesn't change their minds, try and begin making contacts. You probably can still alert the local humane societies and warn other people about this breeder on public forms.
I'm surprised they actually did not just disappear into the woodwork as soon as you came knocking back with issues. For a breeder who gives up pups at 6 weeks they don't sounds too concerned about their "product", if they had waited till 8 like everyone else they would have noticed this issue and then wouldn't be stuck in the jam of making payments, but they made their bed and now they better well lie in it. Good luck with your pup I hope he picks up.
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
Wait and see what if they hold up to what you ask for (refund plus 50%) before trying to go public, sad to say if they give you what you ask for the case is essentially "closed" in the eyes of the media since there is no more "drama". See how the "breeders" react to your demands, then threaten them to go public and if that doesn't change their minds, try and begin making contacts. You probably can still alert the local humane societies and warn other people about this breeder on public forms.
I'm surprised they actually did not just disappear into the woodwork as soon as you came knocking back with issues. For a breeder who gives up pups at 6 weeks, if they had waited till 8 like everyone else they would have noticed this issue and then wouldn't be stuck in the jam of making payments, but they made their bed and now they better well lie in it. Good luck with your pup I hope he picks up.
I am going to give them the opportunity to make it right. Only because I don't want to believe that they won't eventually come throught, but they need to come clean. I totally agree with you!
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Angry Response from the breeders and I quote!

Sorry guys. Good Luck. Read your contract.
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

There's a reason they're operating from a state with no puppy lemon laws.

Old December 18th, 2008, 06:21 AM

No Seizures!

Horton's last seizure was at 11:30 am yesterday! We gave him the diazepam last night around 11:30 pm, and we all slept through the night, I had to wake him up this morning to go outside.
This morning he is so full of energy, I've never seen him like this. I'm so excited for him!
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
I can totally understand why they are so smitten with Horton . So glad to hear your vet is great .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Sorry guys. Good Luck. Read your contract.
That is a breeder that DOES NOT CARE about their pups :sad:

Wahoo for Horton, I bet he his gonna make it through this with your love and the great vet care you are getting

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old December 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
That is a breeder that DOES NOT CARE about their pups :sad:

Wahoo for Horton, I bet he his gonna make it through this with your love and the great vet care you are getting
Yep, it is PAINFULLY obvious not only do they not care, but they have done this before.
We are not gonna stand by and let this happen again. We are exploring other avenues besides legal to at least educate people on how they run their "business".

I'm so happy for Horton! The next two weeks I have off of work so, I can devote that to him and getting him 100%!
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Adriann,good luck persuing these people,they are obviously only in it for the money,don't care what happens to the pups.
I wish there was a way to stop them from breeding.

I am really happy you have a supporting,loving vet,that is surely half the battle.
Also that the little love-bug had a good nighthope it keeps up
I suppose the vet already checked for any poisonous substance in his system as the cause??
As for tiring of you and Horton,NEVER!!
Your fight for Horton is now also our fight and no matter what happens,we hope to see him grow up
By the way,I love South Carolina and it's wonderful southern people
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Adriann,good luck persuing these people,they are obviously only in it for the money,don't care what happens to the pups.
I wish there was a way to stop them from breeding.

I am really happy you have a supporting,loving vet,that is surely half the battle.
Also that the little love-bug had a good nighthope it keeps up
I suppose the vet already checked for any poisonous substance in his system as the cause??

By the way,I love South Carolina and it's wonderful southern people
I love SC too!!! :-) But, I was born here so I have nothing to compare it too! I love the fact that it's December and our high for today is 69!

They did check for poisonous substance, they've check everything but Horton's IQ at this point.

Thank you so much for your continued support! And we are going to do our best to make sure this happens to no one else.
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM

Lawyer

Yesterday, I spoke with a NC lawyer. I've contact a SC lawyer today. This one just happens to be my best friends mother, the owner of 2 dogs (one being a basset), horses, donkeys (yep, real dokeys), and numerous other pets. She is a HUGE animal lover. So, if SOMETHING can be done, she will find a way.
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Geek Club CEO

First, I'm so glad to hear Horton's improving!

Secondly, you're a truly awesome dog-mom. Thanks for doing what you've been doing for this sweet pup.

Third, I hope you nail their butts to the wall
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendyfoot View Post
First, I'm so glad to hear Horton's improving!

Secondly, you're a truly awesome dog-mom. Thanks for doing what you've been doing for this sweet pup.

Third, I hope you nail their butts to the wall
Thanks!! I'm trying!! I think however, that I have been disowned by my older four legged sons (Rhett and Sebastian). Poor guys are starved for attention right now, Sebastian won't even speak to me this morning. First I bring home a yucky dog (they are cats) then I give him 90% of the attention.

I gave them a little tuna this morning to kiss their kitty butts....I hope I'm back in their good graces!
Old December 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Horton's last seizure was at 11:30 am yesterday! We gave him the diazepam last night around 11:30 pm, and we all slept through the night, I had to wake him up this morning to go outside.
This morning he is so full of energy, I've never seen him like this. I'm so excited for him!
That's the best news in the world!

So have Rhett and Sebastian forgiven Mommy..."keep the tuna coming, please"...?

Old December 18th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow you sure seem to have found a great vet. Were you already using them for the cats? You go Horton, keep up the good fight!