Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:48 AM

My poor cat Jasper

Jasper has just been diagnosed with lymphosarcoma and has been home a few days for some "quality time" with us after a week of in-patient investigations. The vet agrees he is beyond treatment other than palliative but too alert as yet to consider euthanasia. However, I find his condition very upsetting - our once proud, handsome and dignified cat now poos and pees everywhere uncontrollably (on the floor rather than in the lit tray), cries incessantly for food. He is reduced to skin and bone and has sore swollen paws and is half bald. He has a few moments of relative contentment sitting on my husband's knee in the evening and still purrs sometimes when stroked.

I personally can't see any quality of life here but my husband does. I don't know what to tell the vet when I ring her as arranged tomorrow - I just don't think I can cope with seeing him like this day in day out. Thanks for allowing me to share this with you.
Clare