Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old May 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Jolly needs a Foster Home deserately - Mtl.

Poor Jolly, the gentle giant, has to be removed from his foster home by Friday because of family problems. Just as we were preparing him for adoption and looking for a foster home, he was bitten on the leg by another cat. He has been treated, vaccinated, neutered and is now in tip-top shape. He needs to be fostered for at least 3 months so he can be tested for FIV before we can put him up for adoption. Ideally the foster would be able to keep him until he finds a forever home. He is truely a gentle giant, about 1 year old, loves to have his beautiful fuffy black coat brushed and very social to both people and other cats. Because he is so submissive putting him back outside is not an option. Our only alternative is to keep him in a cage not an ideal solution. Is there a heart of gold out there who could help?
Attached Images

Old May 19th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Queen

He's lovely, I wish I could take him.:sad:
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Thanks Maya, Jolly lives up to his name. He is a very calm and loving boy. Loves attention. This is my first posting, I am a representative of Steri-Animal. I don't know if it is just our group but it seems that there are a lot more animals that need caring for this year. I sure hope someone has a space for thes wonderful guy.
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:21 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I don't know if it is just our group but it seems that there are a lot more animals that need caring for this year.
Unfortunatly you're right, all the rescues are full this year , and I'm talking about the dog's ones. I can only imagine what it is for cats :sad: there's so many and moving day is coming :sad: Hang in there Have you find a foster for Jolly yet ?
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM

Hi Frenchy,
Right now Jolly is being kept temporarily by one of our volunteers in a 40" crate because he has to be tested for FIV and she has other cats. He is being well cared for. Gets cuddles, and a brushing every day but this is not the ideal situation. We have a few fosters that need homes for the summer and time is running short on finding temporary homes for them. We are trying everything in our power to get new spots but so far no takers. If anyone has suggestions I am all ears.
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

HI JAB,

Personally I think this will always be a problem, "more animals then fosters" until the government makes sterilization mandatory of cats and dogs. Also, people's attitudes have to change towards cat, I can't stand it when I see cats roaming around the neighbourhood. I don't understand this, dog owners aren't aloud letting and DON'T let their dogs roam around why do people do this with cats? Also, I think it should be mandatory for cats to have liscenses just like dogs.

Just last week, I had my neighbour boo-hooing about her kitten disappearing when she let it out with her 5 other cats. Do I feel sorry for her? No, I feel sorry for the kitten, hopefully the kitten finds himself a better home then her.

Until the government wakes up and does something, rescues need to stay postive, network and take one day at a time.
Old May 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Hi Poodletalk,

Don't get me started on the government, I may be banned. I know there are good people like you, I and all those good heart who post to this site and help rescue groups. But how do we get the the other good people who are'nt aware. Those people who would like to have a pet but might feel the cannot commit to years. Those people who have never had a cat or dog and are to responsible to purchase one in case they find they are not suited. The people who travel in the winter or summer so will not own a pet because they cannot take them with. Those are the 64 million dollar questions. I am all ears to anyone who has suggestions.
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Doggie Wench

Would you know if she was dog friendly? I'm asking around. Where could someone contact you JAB, if they were interested?
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I am a representative of Steri-Animal.
Luckypenny, I think they have a website ?
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Luckypenny, I have her phone number and her work email address
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM

Hi Luckypenny,

I have sent you a private message for contact on Jolly.