Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old May 1st, 2009, 11:56 PM

DogDancer, I am so sorry about your mum and your family's loss. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Take gentle care.

WTL
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Dog Dancer, I'm so very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathies. Loosing a parent is such a difficult thing to go through. Take comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering with her sickness.

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

My Sincere condolences as well
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words of condolence. I have passed them on to my family. I am back home now, at last. It was a very long week away. I have to say though that it was nice to have my cyber family supporting me. It was strange being away from home at a time like this and not having the usual support network of friends you generally rely on. My sister lives in Toronto and had her friends there, but my son and I were sort of without a support net other than our immediate family. So rest assured your words were heart warming for sure. Now I am home and I really really need some sleep and to unwind. Stayed home from work for one more day today, but tomorrow I must return. Just as well. Anyhow, we are at peace with my mother's passing. It was the best for her. Thanks again. Love to you all.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:15 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

My condolences to you Dog Dancer and your family, I'm so sorry
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:17 PM

I'm new here, and wanted to extend my condolences for your loss. I was with my mom when she passed away six years ago, and when all was said and done, I held the thought with me that she was not alone - I still do. It's very comforting. All the best to you and your family.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all, we're at peace with her passing. It was best for her, maybe not us, but definitely for her.
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Dog Dancer......it's a tough time to go through, my Mom left us in 2007 and I still miss her all the time.

to you and your family during this difficult time... take the time on Mother's Day to think of the many good times you had with your Mom and then do something special for yourself....you know she would have wanted you to...

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you Buster Boo. I know Mothers Day will be tough. But to all of you out there who sit on the fence about it, may I suggest if you are healthy and able consider donating blood. My mother was receiving about 20 units of blood a day in the hospital, and if it wasn't for the wonderful people who donate she would not have been alive when I got there. I have asked my son and his girlfriend to do this in memory of his grandma. They don't want my blood anymore sadly, although I used to donate regularly.