Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old May 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM

Unhappy Worried about my dog's operation

I'm new to this site, I've been reading it over the past couple of weeks and was drawn to it because my dog Molly has not been well. A couple of weeks ago I took her to the vet for a booster and about 5 hours later she vomited and collapsed. I took her straight back to the vet who gave her an injection and she seemed fine shortly afterwards. They recommended she had 3 teeth out (when I adopted her from the rescue centre about 8 years ago she has problems with her mouth and had 18 teeth removed at that time). She went in for her operation and has come out not being able to walk in a straight line due to her back left leg/hip and she cannot wag her tail, my vet has told me it could be neurological and has put her on steroids. She is going back for a check up but I am very upset as I don't know what has caused this - she seems happy a lot of the time however can't wag her tail when it never used to stop wagging and the vet says she cannot give any indication as to the cause but she was fine before her booster. I'm worried that she has had a stroke and at a loss as to what to do next apart from wait another couple of weeks for her check up. It would seem that today she now has a water infection. Would be really grateful for any advice/tips from members, thanks
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:33 AM

Hope everything goes all right!!
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Live well, laugh often

So did she have a vaccine reaction and then the vet did another operation right away? If so, I would definately be looking for another vet as that is very negligent behavior IMO. In fact I would probably seek another opinion right away anyway.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:20 AM
Queen

I can't give any advice on what I think is going on but I get the feeling you need a second opinion. It doesn't sound like your vet is as careful or concerned as he should be.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:47 PM

I agree. Good luck!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:41 AM

Thank you for your replies, the vaccine was given and 5 days later she had an operation. She is improving slowly and her tail is slightly wagging again but I'm going to take your advice and see another vet to get a second opinion