Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Aztec meets Cinnamon Girl

CG has started jumping the kitten room baby-gate. Aztec, for the most part, isn't too terribly upset by that. He hisses and does some low growling, which I expected. Doesn't run away unless she gets all in his face. It's her reaction to him that I didn't expect. She wuvs him! Wants to be his "special friend", if you know what I mean . Yup, CG is in heat! And let me tell you, a semi-feral Siamese in heat is something to behold . I think that's what's most disconcerting to Aztec: he's never seen such a brazen hussy before, rolling around on all his stuff, following him everywhere like a lost puppy, staring longingly into his eyes. And the yowling! Oh my, can that girl yodel. If there are any un-neutered males left in my neighbourhood, I'll no doubt find them camped out on my doorstep.

So ya, anyone who thinks momma cats that are still nursing kittens won't go into heat, should come to my house. With earplugs.

I must admit, I find it kinda cute that CG thinks Aztec would make a suitable suitor, given his geriatric-ness and lack of testicular fortitude. All he does is stare back at her with a look of mostly disgust, and maybe a hint of curiosity. But disgust features prominently. I tell him he should be flattered, she's quite a hotty.

But this does bode well at least for Aztec and CG being able to potentially co-exist in the future. When she's been spayed and isn't so "attentive" (ie "annoying"). My next problem is going to be figuring out how to deal with CG eating all of Aztec's food......

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM,thank's for the laugh,I can just picture Aztecs face of confusion and CG being all over him
My sons landlord has 2 Siamese and although they are fixed males,can they ever make themselves heard
I too think,once CG is spayed,her and Aztec will be best buds.

My little/big food hog Vinnie would eat all three dishes of food if I let him,so I always have to keep an eye on them feeding-time(3 times/day)especially with Rocky since one of his pills are in his food.

I don't mean to be pushy,but when you have time,please,please more pics,pretty please
Old August 29th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Yay

You know, SCM, sometimes I think that is the best time to intro a male and female cat. Both Sweet Pea and Rose fell in love with Jasper when they went into heat and continue to love him to no end (sometimes to the point he looses his patience )

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm glad the intros are going so ... well. Poor Aztec, his space invaded by this needy femme fatale. But if it helps them to become fast friends, so much the better, scm!

In the meanwhile, I always have extra ear plugs in the house. Would you like me to send you a pair?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey, Aztec is the Hugh Hefner of the kitty world. He's got a blond hotty.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:13 PM
You can call me DOG!

Yeah for Aztec to have a special friend, in heat, that can sing and is a hotty!

Great story SCM!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:56 PM
~Cat Servent~

hefner....you guys are killin me!!!

That is awesome that he isn't too put out by her!! Hopefully, he sees how nice it'll be to have a younger woman around....he'll be the envy of all his friends....

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M