Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Talking Playing Bengal Games

Also known as - If its on the cupboard - Its Fair Game.

I wanted to share a couple of cute things our Bengal girl Kia pulled off the last two evenings.

Tuesday, we decided to have KFC chicken for supper. As is the norm at our place, we were surrounded by by the fur kids who were all trying to get our undivided attention - and mooch some of that yummy chicken stuff that we were eating. Of course everyone got a little at some point during supper. Our girl Kia of course being the most vocal in her quest to beg, borrow or steal a chunk of chicken.

When supper was done we put the garbage in the bag and settled down for a smoke and catch the news. As we were watching the news, we heard the rustle of a plactic bag, then the patter of little feet hitting the floor. Who should be trotting out of the kitchen with a chicken bone proudly hanging out of her jaws - Kia of course. Well, we chased her from the dining room to the living room to the hallway before we finally got the bone from her. The reward - a can of chicken.

Fast forward to Wed. evening supper. Hot dogs - high class meals I tell ya. We had our supper again to the sing song - we want ours too mum and dad. Well there was one half of a hot dog cut in half lengthwise left on a plate on the counter. You can see it coming right? Up on the counter - land with the pitter patter of little feet. Her comes Kia proudly trotting into the living room, carrying a hot dog clamped firmly between her teeth. She sets it down and starts to loudly chatter up a storm. I am still not sure if she was calling everyone else to come and join her or simply proclaiming to the world that she won the battle with the great hot dog and now she gets the spoils of the victory. Either way, she got to keep the hot dog. I did come and break it into smaller chunks for her as once she set it down there was a look of - damn this thing is a little big for one bite.

The Bengal games were done for the night and I know Kia had a nicely full belly when all was said and done. As well as everyone else who got a share of the spoils. Aren't cats great to have around!

Bill.
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:20 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Yes, cats are great to have around!! I have a whole whack of run of the mill tabby cats and black cats and grey cats that do exactly the same thing. Life would not be the same without them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:25 PM

That is so very true 14+ .. We have seven. Three of which including our girl Kia are rescues along with our pup Cleo. We would not have it any other way.
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:38 PM

Lol the Kfc part stood out most because my cat does the exact same thing but with tissues. And not just any tissues, it's gotta be from the garbage can.

Are Bengal's a hybrid of some sort? Or is it a regular domesticated cat?
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew-sew-steve View Post
Lol the Kfc part stood out most because my cat does the exact same thing but with tissues. And not just any tissues, it's gotta be from the garbage can.

Are Bengal's a hybrid of some sort? Or is it a regular domesticated cat?
Bengals are a hybrid cat that start out as a cross between an Asian Leopard Cat and a domestic cat to get the wild look and spotting of the ALC with the temprament of a domestic cat. We know that our girl was born here in Saskatchewan but that is about it. We adopted her from a shelter at the fine young age of about 10yrs old. She is now about 12 and is just as spry and energetic as our 1 year old DSH.

You can see pictures of Kia and the gang in this post:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55068
Old August 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM

Wow she's beautiful, I wonder if they are anything like savannah cats.
Best of luck with her!
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang