Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old January 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Just wanted to say hi

Hi, wanted to say hi and introduce my self and the fur babies. I'm Trish and the proud parent of Bailley a 3yr old cockerterrier, Quincy a year and a half golden, and Nermal a 6mth old chinchilla. I'll include pics soon, dealing with the evil Windows Vista right now.
Saw something yesterday i've never seen before. We had a female golden brought over for breeding purposes, the kids have met before so they get along great. First time they brought her over, she wasn't quite ready so she would sit down. Yesterday she was more than ready but My big boy seemed to have stage fright. He had the poops a few times over the weekend (from being a bad boy and getting in the garbage). He would smell and lick her no problem, then just walk away. Anyone else ever seen this. Not sure if it's cause he wasn't feeling all the best or (LOL) maybe he's gay.
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Or maybe she's just not his type. Friends fine, but lovers? Nah. LOL. You never know, same as with humans, it's that famous "chemistry"... Or maybe his age, but that seems more unlikely.
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Swift Tribe

welcome to pets.ca Aslan!! just forewarning, many of the members here work in rescue (and golden rescue also). this site is very very pro spay and neuter. most here have a hard time thinking of breeding another dog when there are so many of the exact same breed dying in shelters in insane numbers!

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board.

As W4R said, most people here are very pro-spay/neuter. You should ask your question of your breeder mentor or a vet--this is not a good source of information about breeding.

I do know that Quincy is too young to have the health screenings done that are recommended before breeding. A dog must be 2 years or older to have a final OFA evaluation done on hips, for example. You might want to talk to your breeder mentor or your vet about that before even considering breeding. Just my .

We do love pictures here, so I hope you figure out the Vista thing soon! A chinchilla, too!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

I'm glad to hear you guys support the rescue places. This was going to be a one time deal then snip. I've known the breeder I got Quincy from for a very long time. I've seen his mommy since the day she was born not to mention I actually owned one of his Uncles(peyton) who unfortunately was lost in a custody battle. I know his grandpa oscar and grandma belle, and his great grandparents. I actually delt with this breeder because I like her breeding practices. She was using one of my neighbours Rotti's for stud once (he was pure german stock). They sat down with both dogs papers to make sure no one was of the same lineage. He was quite willing the first time, she wasn't, She was really dominant yesterday. Hmmm maybe he's afraid of girls who know what they want. That or we think he thinks he's cheating on me, "cause he's got a thing for me if I have silk jammies on. Oh well he had his chance. Pics coming of the furr babies.

Last edited by aslan; January 7th, 2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
First time they brought her over, she wasn't quite ready so she would sit down.
Smart girl !