Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old December 17th, 2004, 03:32 PM

Cats for Adoption

Hello,

I have saved a few cats from euthanization and/or certain death outside and after trying for months to find them homes by posting ads up in stores (that do NOT sell pets) and vet clinics, I thought that I would try this board. I have 22 cats but I am only trying to rehome a few of the healthy ones. I am keeping the special-needs ones (like my Manx, my three-legged guy, my blind cat, etc.) because, sadly, people only seem to want perfect cats and kittens at that. All cats listed for adoption must go to an INDOOR-only, non-declaw home. Also, potential adopters must be willing to spend money to treat the cat in the future should any medical problems arise and be willing to keep the cat for 15 years or more. I would like to stay in touch with potential adopters as well. All cats are spayed/neutered and up-to-date on shots. The eat quality food and get along with dogs. I am charging a $40.00 adoption fee per cat to ensure good homes.

1. Lucy (semi-long haired) black and white. Around 1.5 yrs. Had litter of kittens then was going to be euthanized by a vet clinic because "her job was done" when the kittens were weaned. Very sweet. Likes high-up places.

2. Annie (short-haired) all black. Was rescued from outside as a kitten with her Mom and two brothers. Has remained shy but with more one-on-one time she would really blossom. She loves other cats and can be handled. Needs a special, loving home.

This is it for now. I would like these two to be adopted before I post any others. I am willing to transport (drive) the cats to the right home within a reasonable distance.

Thank you,
Lisa
harryis21@yahoo.com
Old January 22nd, 2005, 02:27 AM

Canine 14

It would help if you told us where the cats are located.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Are the cats spayed/neutered before being offered for adoption?
Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Sorry! I just reread your post and I see that they all are. Thank you for saving these kitties and ensuring them a better future!
Old January 22nd, 2005, 09:18 AM

Montreal

The cats are located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I will transport to the right home. No one has been adopted yet and I am still trying to find them homes--especially Lucy.

I take excellent care of my babies and am always checking them and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning the house. I have been complimented and told that when one walks in to my home, you could never tell that I had so many cats. However, that said, I do have a chronic medical condition that has been wearing me down and between work (the money all goes to the animals), feeding the TNR'd ferals (all trapped and neutered), and getting sick (two flus and bronichitis within the last month), I am absolutely exhausted. I really need to place a few cats soon because if something happens to me, I don't know who would have the patience to care for so many special-needs cats.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.
Thank you,
Lisa and fur babies
harryis21@yahoo.com
Old January 22nd, 2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

My offer stands to put these cats on my Petfinder site for you. I just need good pics of them!

laurent376@hotmail.com
Old January 25th, 2005, 04:36 PM

Help Needed

Lucky,

I sent you an email with all the info. Thank you.

Please everyone check Lucky's site and pass the word. I have saved so many but now I need help. I am so worried about my brood that I don't sleep at nights and am anxious all the time. I can't keep them all (22) and NEED them to go to GOOD homes. I am devastated at having to re-home them but it is best for them. Sheesh, I am so sensitive that I cry when I lose a mitten. I am praying they find good homes.

Lisa
harryis21@yahoo.com
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM

Thanks Lucky

Yay!

They are on the site!

Thanks, Lucky.

Lisa
harryis21@yahoo.com