Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old October 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

WooooHooooooo!
1.5 pounds!! Good for Meowzer! So good to hear

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:44 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I'm pretty happy about it. Now to wait to see what the tests say. Hopefully I am just being an anxious mom.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Wahoo for meowzer!!!

Wow, you must be ecstatic about Jupiter , In no time at all, he'll be just a little love bug.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:21 PM
~Cat Servent~

Good news for Meowzer.... hope the rest is all good too!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm glad Meowzer gained some weight. Hopefully the tests will come back with nothing to worry about.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

That's great 14+,I know alll kinds of scary things go through you head when there is weightloss.
Rockys was HyperT,but he too has gained more than a pound
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks ladies. Just waiting to hear back from the vet to find out if anything showed up. He ate tons today so maybe whatever was bothering him is gone. I still want to get a fecal done to be on the safe side. With so many together I don't want something going through the whole gang.
The vet is going to give me a cheaper but just as effective worm medication to use so I can save a little money that way. She also is interested in coming out to look at my setup. Could be fun.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:42 AM
~Cat Servent~

I'd love to see the vet out of her office.... and I bet she looooves your set up! Sounds cool, maybe she's looking for ideas!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 17th, 2009, 09:08 AM
150% PRO S/N

Meowzer's bloodwork came back great. His urinalysis shows an infection. He is going on a four week treatment of Batryl. To be retested at three weeks. They also wanted to put him on Metacam for the pain. I requested he not be. They are looking to see if there is another pain med they can give instead.
Is Batryl ok?

Old October 17th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Senior Contributor

14+,Great that your vet is coming to visit,maybe she'll offer you the same s/n deal as the one in TO,after seeing how hard you work for the kitties
Hopefully Meowzer has no underlying problem..

I just read in another post that our HS is closed to any more cats,there is a virus going through the cat-rooms:sad:that usually means cats will be put down:sad:
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
~Cat Servent~

That is what Smoke is taking right now, and she took it last infection too... doesn't seem to bother her, in fact she seems to get a better appetite, which doesn't hurt her one bit! I got the pain meds last time but she hated them so much, trying to get them down her I think caused her more pain than the infection so we aren't using them this time.

Old October 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh and I forgot to mention that the vet thinks Smoke's infections are stress related.... maybe Meowzers is too, with all the action that went on over there this summer, new construction, new kitties... maybe he's just sensitive to change like Smoke is to the boys here.

Old October 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,Great that your vet is coming to visit,maybe she'll offer you the same s/n deal as the one in TO,after seeing how hard you work for the kitties
Hopefully Meowzer has no underlying problem..

I just read in another post that our HS is closed to any more cats,there is a virus going through the cat-rooms:sad:that usually means cats will be put down:sad:
This is the vet in St. Cats chico. The same one that krdahmer uses. She is the one who neutered Trey for me. It's $50 plus GST so not a bad price. I am just not sure I want to leave my rescue in TO. They have been so good to me since I started dealing with them. I hate being disloyal.
It's so sad. At this time of the year kitties need to be in a safe place more than ever. I guess there really is not much to be done for it. We need to borrow that man from Alberta and license our kitties to pay for the s/n operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
That is what Smoke is taking right now, and she took it last infection too... doesn't seem to bother her, in fact she seems to get a better appetite, which doesn't hurt her one bit! I got the pain meds last time but she hated them so much, trying to get them down her I think caused her more pain than the infection so we aren't using them this time.
I just did some research on Batril. Not crazy about the sounds of it. I am hoping the dosage is small. It sounds like it can cause lots of problems if it's too strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Oh and I forgot to mention that the vet thinks Smoke's infections are stress related.... maybe Meowzers is too, with all the action that went on over there this summer, new construction, new kitties... maybe he's just sensitive to change like Smoke is to the boys here.
She asked if I thought it was stress. Yowzer is pretty laid back. He doesn't seem to be bothered by much. He is normally right in the middle of things when it comes to treats and whatnot. Not so sure but I am definitely going to keep an eye on things.

Old October 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
We need to borrow that man from Alberta and license our kitties to pay for the s/n operation.
?? What's this 14??

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old October 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
?? What's this 14??
Last Friday night on Global they aired Cat City, a documentary about the stray/feral cats in TO. It's a show that should be mandatory for a lot of people to watch.
On it they interviewed Bill Bruce, Director of Animal Care Services in Calgary. It said he has implemented licensing cats in Calgary with ALL proceeds going toward a s/n clinic that will s/n cats for free fpr low income. The proceeds of the licensing will pay for the building and also the s/n's. It was my understanding that it is already in operation. Maybe you can let us know for sure.
I am hoping the documentary is now available for download on Global's website. I taped it so have a copy.
This is the thread that was going on about the show.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66089

This is the link if you'd like to watch it on the comp. I can't with silly wireless.
http://www.globaltv.com/entertainment/videos/index.html

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 17th, 2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

I can understand you wanting to be loyal to the vets in TO,it was just a thought
I would gladly pay to license my cats,if it meant others would get s/n for free.
Bill Bruce in Calgary seemed to be a very caring,amazing man
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I know there are some members who think Baytril is a wonderful antibiotic, but I think it was the beginning of the end for Snowball when his vet put him on Baytril.:sad: I think clavamox is a safer one. He stopped eating and wouldn't eat again.

I think Dr. Lee had a discussion about it and it should not be given to kitties that have any kind of kidney issues.

I'll see if I can find it.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....hlight=baytril

Post #35:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....baytril&page=2

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old October 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks for the links L4. I will be talking to the vet asap about her choice, strength of meds and alternatives. I certainly do not want anything to happen to Meowzer. He is one of my favs. Shhhh

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 18th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope he kicks the UTI quickly, 14+

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."