Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old March 8th, 2004, 10:37 PM

Looking for a Dog

I am not sure if this is the right section for this, perhaps it should be posted in another section, if this is in the wrong section I apologize.

I have been looking for a dog to adopt for quite a long time, about four months now. After sending mulitple e-mails and calling around, we have had four potential adoptions that have fallen through: the first time it was because the person fostering wanted to keep the dogs (which is fine), and similar things happned to the other three. Although, the third one was supposed to be rescued for us, they wouldn't give the person the dog... it seems like they would rather have someone pay for the adoption, than rescue for free (this dog has been there for over a year). Anyways, the point is that it has taken a long time and to no end. So I thought the best approach would be to post here with my information and hope that people would help me.

I live with my girlfriend in Toronto, close to Kensington Market. We live in the main floor of a house and have about 700 square feet, plus a 400 square foot backyard with a fence. We both have a very active lifestyle and would like a dog that would match that attitude. We live near several parks, as well as one off the leash park. We are both very comitted to owning a dog, and have had several pets in the past ( I have had 3 dogs, and she has had 5 cats in the past). We are primarily interested in Beagles, but we have also considered Huskies, Labs, and dalmations. The beagle's size is what makes is desirable to us beacuse our place is somewhat small. We do believe that a Husky or a Lab would be fine in terms of size as well, but we are not certain, so the Beagle seemed like the safest bet (any breed advice would be helpful as well). Anyways if you have any information please don't hesitate to e-mail me at kevin.poskitt@utoronto.ca, or post below.

Thank you in Advance,
Kevin