Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old November 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Swift Tribe

Monster Vick PRISON BABY!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7466336

Quote:
"From the beginning, Mr. Vick has accepted responsibility for his actions, and his self-surrender further demonstrates that acceptance," Billy Martin
biggest line of BS ever. i mean honestly... its STILL all over the place that he denied association with this.

hope Bubba finds him.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old November 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM
-

Pond scum has more integrity.
Old November 19th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope he loves his new position of prison B*tch... LOL

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

He is such a jack@ss. Hope the judge doesn't fall for his asinine attempt to show remorse.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't think the judge will buy into his 'strategy' but the NFL will, eventually. He's paying his lawyers huge fees to organize his return. Of course, there are those pesky federal charges but they are working on getting them dropped.
As much as I hope he will be bothered inside, I doubt it.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Vick,apologizes profusely..to whom???
Who did he hurt the most? those innocent dogs and his wallet..
The public,the judges and the NFL,will fall for this newly humbled Vick.
What I see in his eyes,is a hatred,a hatred for those people who value"lowly dogs",over his career as a football player
Every humbled word out his mouth is scripted by million$$ lawyers and he will get away with it,I have no doubt.
On the positive side,at least one dog-fighting ring is finished,one among thousands.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
I hope he loves his new position of prison B*tch... LOL
Wouldn't that be fitting for the lowest form of life. Maybe he can be housed with a dog lover and he can be his personal punching bag. I am usually opposed to physical violence but I would love a few shots at this guy.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Garden nut

Don't they have dog care programs for prisons in some places?

I don't know the person you all are talking about or what he did and just going by your general reaction to it all...

But perhaps the type of punishment you seek isn't the right choice. Instead of being away from animals the rest of his life, he should have to care for them while in prison. Just my . Punishment doesn't always work towards rehabilitation.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Michael Vick is a football player for the Falcons. He was charged with federal and criminal charges for running a dog fighting ring and abusing the animals horrifically. He is definitely not someone you want your child to view as a role model.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Garden nut

I don't have kids.. but even if I did, I would teach the child the negative side to professional sports and to stay far, far away from them and never support it, for it's a HUGE industry. I don't have much respect for those people because 99% of those involved are only in it for the money. An afternoon reading a great book or hiking outdoors beats any sports on TV.

Stadium prices, food, clothing lines, plastic crap collectibles... not worth time and money IMO.

Yep, that guy should spend his jail term rehabilitating the same dogs he killed and live with them 24/7 in the cell. Force him to care for what he previously injured. Animals have a way of teaching lessons that nothing else can.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree I do not have kids either. Luckily 48 of the 49 dogs rescued from his dog fighting business were deemed adoptable only one was pts even that is too many. He should be financially responsible for all the costs involved in rehabilitating these dogs and major fines should be paid to agencies rescuing animals from scum like him. Maybe they could put him in a ring with dogs taught to fight and kill and see how he does. Just a thought
Old November 20th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Senior Contributor

What a . So first he refuses to admit fault, and now I read he's been admitting his mistakes all along? Huh? Did I miss something?

And no amount of apologizing will bring any of those dogs back so its useless. people think that just because they say they're sorry it makes everything okay. Well it doesn't if you ask me. He did it, its done so now he has to deal with the consequences.

Jack@ss!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM

The sentence is too short but at least he got time, I was thinking for a while that he would be able to weasel out of going to jail. There are still other charges pending so hopefully they don't stack the time but add to it once he is charged.
With any kind of luck he's finished as far as the public goes and if he only spends the 18 months behind bars he can reflect back for the rest of his life on how he blew $130 million out the door.
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Senior Contributor

seeker,there are still a lot of football fans who support him and want him back.
Mastifflover,that's good to hear,I always assumed that once a pittie had been trained to fight,he will be pts,deemed unadoptable.
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Chico, I know and I couldn't believe it at first but giving it some thought I came to this conclusion.
Some sports fans exalt their favourite players to a place where no matter what they are like as a person they can do no wrong. As long as this player keeps these people entertained they continue to hold this status.
These same fans might care something about what happens to an animal but not to the point of them not being able to see their player "entertain" them.
Sad but true.
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
I don't have kids.. but even if I did, I would teach the child the negative side to professional sports and to stay far, far away from them and never support it, for it's a HUGE industry. I don't have much respect for those people because 99% of those involved are only in it for the money. An afternoon reading a great book or hiking outdoors beats any sports on TV.

while im sure each one of the players appreciate their pay check, i highly doubt its all about the money. it likely has more to do with talent, the joy of playing and good old family tradition. like every walk of life, there are bad seeds but *quite* a few players(current and past) contribute to charities, participate in activities like UnitedWay...

here is their site-
http://www.jointheteam.com/
United Way's site-
http://www.unitedway.org/nfl/

please dont let one bad seed reflect on the entire organization.

Quote:
there are still a lot of football fans who support him and want him back.
yep, they are all probably dog fighters themselves. its amazing how folks still justify evil things like that. the voice of those who are opposed to having him back is far far louder than those who do, fortunately.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
I know and I couldn't believe it at first but giving it some thought I came to this conclusion.
there are evil/wrong/demented people in all walks of life. to exclude sports from all walks of life is silly. there is nothign that is not touched by wrong people, not church, not daycares, not hospitals... yes they are role models, yes the media plasters their faces on tv, yes there are people who support their wrong deeds... teach your children and YOURSELF that bad people are all over... not just in sports and politics. and please, for petes sake, dont be so flabbergasted when bad people do bad things. they all do, all the time.

my latest tangent (in life i guess) has been narcissism. its been very interesting to see how that effects the people in my life. the varying degrees of it, how it could apply to folks who do bad things.

seeker, i dont mean to sound like im pointing you out or anything. it hink there are quite a few extremely kind people in the world who just cant wrap their brains around such cruelty.

Quote:
Pond scum has more integrity.
MumX3 *shakes a finger* i will have you know that POND SCUM is some really cool stuff!! get yourself a good internet connection, a microscope and some base knowledge of how life evolved and im sure you would feel the same way!!! cyanobacteria for example, is *quite* amazing... although a real pain in the butt in home aquaria.

some day i will have an entire gallery dedicated to close ups of things like that. Nitrosomonas, one of the corner stones of home aquariums (among the many many other things they are used in to sustain human life as we know it)....

ok ok... im done for the day!!

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by want4rain View Post
MumX3 *shakes a finger* i will have you know that POND SCUM is some really cool stuff!! get yourself a good internet connection, a microscope and some base knowledge of how life evolved and im sure you would feel the same way!!! cyanobacteria for example, is *quite* amazing... although a real pain in the butt in home aquaria.
Uhhhhhhh... yaaaah Why do you think I said pond scum has more integrity ?
Old November 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=want4rain;504434]there are evil/wrong/demented people in all walks of life. to exclude sports from all walks of life is silly. there is nothign that is not touched by wrong people, not church, not daycares, not hospitals... yes they are role models, yes the media plasters their faces on tv, yes there are people who support their wrong deeds... teach your children and YOURSELF that bad people are all over... not just in sports and politics. and please, for petes sake, dont be so flabbergasted when bad people do bad things. they all do, all the time.

my latest tangent (in life i guess) has been narcissism. its been very interesting to see how that effects the people in my life. the varying degrees of it, how it could apply to folks who do bad things.

seeker, i dont mean to sound like im pointing you out or anything. it hink there are quite a few extremely kind people in the world who just cant wrap their brains around such cruelty.
quote]

Don't worry I am not as nieve as I sounded in that post.
What I should have said was that as long as people get what they want they care very little how the people that entertain them conduct their private lives. I have a bit of a problem with that mentality, not that I am a self righteous SOB but I do consider other people, animals,plants and the planet when I seek entertainment and those that I feel the need to be entertained by. People and especially companies and corperations get none or little of my money if they go against values I hold in high esteem.
I think if more people thought this way guys like Vick would have no need to serve his sentence early in the hopes he can be out before the 2009 preseason because nobody would even want to see or hear about him never mind hope he gets back in an NFL uniform asap.
Even though I know better and have been around a bit there arestill times when people's lack of compassion catch me off guard.
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Swift Tribe

ha. yeah, i guess we expected something like that. his brother was a real butthole too. it wasnt a far shot to see how he supported his brother when he pulled a gun on a few teens at a McDonalds that he would ahve some serious issues himself.

not to mention we were never real fans of the Falcons.

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Old November 22nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Seeker,no need for me to add any comments,I agree with you completely.
We make our own choices,what to us is ethically(sp?) and morally wrong and in my view Vick and his cohorts are about as bad as it gets,right up there with another football star,OJ Simpson.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM

He's in the cage...now what do we do? I know

Personally, i'm happy to see VICK is serving time. Just wish he had a dose of his own medican while in there...I would love to see him put to work with the very animals he deemed "unworthy". Maybe having him work with the centers and rescues that see the damage/abuse people like him do to animals and what rescue groups have to undo! He's an idiot in my eyes and will forever remain that way...but that's just me...I hope they never let him own another animal again. I also hope his "friends" and their families aren't allowed to own an animal either. I just "rescued" an a pit bull mix that wondered into the school where i work. he's not a small guy by any means nor is he aggressive despite finding out that older teens in the neighborhood had attempted to fight him on several occassions.

i don't have much respect for people who take perfectly good dogs and attempt to turn them into monsters. Maybe we can take the monster (Vick) and turn him into a good dog?