Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Talking Introducing "Slim"

This is Slim. He is my dads dog. He's an 8 yr old JRT and SO full of life! My sister and her husband have been trying to get my dad to rehome him
My dad is in his 80's and has a hard time these days. He feels bad that he can't play with Slim as much anymore, but refuses to give him away. When I spoke with him a couple of months ago he said he wanted me to know that if Shaun and I ever want Slim, he's ours. My dad is the kind of person who will do anything for anyone, but would never come right out and ask for anything himself. It was his way of asking us to take Slim because he knows we love animals and would take good care of him.

We can't take him while Thorin is going through chemo, it would stress him out too much. But once he's done, we will be adding Slim to our family

The last thing Shaun and I would ever have thought about is adding another baby, especially with everything we've been through with our 2 this last year, but hey... what's one more?

Nookie and Slim were fast friends, and played very well together!! I was absolutely amazed at how gentle Nookie was with Slim
Slim, on the other hand, wasn't so gentle lol. He has small dog syndrome for sure. He bit Nookie a few times, but Nookie would just get a surprised look on his face and sit down. He's such a good boy. They just followed each other around, played and napped together. It was very cute
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Senior Contributor

A few more

The first one is quite blurry (Shaun forgot to change the setting), but you can still see it!

I almost had a heart attack the first time Nookie did this , then I realized how gentle he was with Slim, and then I was ok
Name:  067.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  116.9 KB
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Senior Contributor

And just a few more

Sorry for the quality. Shaun didn't realize it was on the wrong setting!
Attached Images

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Senior Contributor

The last 2!!
Attached Images

Old July 9th, 2011, 07:54 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

The look that Slim is giving Nookie in the last pic of the second post just cracks me up, Rgeurts!

Glad they hit it off so well--and that Slim has a couple of s to take him in! It's sad to see our parents slowing down, but it's so good of you to help out.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:17 PM

Nice that they're already so enamored of each other

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old July 10th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh,Oh..Nookie was going to eat Slim
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Doggie Wench

I'm so happy they get on so well together. What a little cutie Slim is .

Rgeurts, I know you know this cant be an easy decision for your dad to make. I love you for being there for both him and Slim .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
The look that Slim is giving Nookie in the last pic of the second post just cracks me up, Rgeurts!
Like he's thinking, "eek, I didn't see those teeth before!" Great shot .
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Robyn,I missed the part where you tell us about your dad,I am really sorry.
Sometimes a much loved pet is a reason for elderly owners to get up in the morning,a reason for them to pull them selves up and do their best.
I've seen it and although Slim might not get all the exersize he needs he is with the person he loves.
Your dad obviously knows you are wonderful pet-owners and when the time comes that he cannot cope with Slim,he can feel good about where he's going.
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Awe, so CUTE! I love the one where Nookie has Slim in his mouth! Luna does that to my sisters dog, it looks scary but when you realize they are being so gentle, it's cute!
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

What a cutie, he sure looks like he'll fit right in. Nookie doesn't look too upset either!
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks all! Slim is a really sweet boy. He just thrives on the attention and loves to play both with his toys, and with our monster. He will be a happy little addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

Glad they hit it off so well--and that Slim has a couple of s to take him in! It's sad to see our parents slowing down, but it's so good of you to help out.
That pic cracks me up too
We are more than happy to take him once Thorin is done with his chemo. I have always adored Slim. He is a little cuddle bug. I swear he thinks he's part cat... when you pet him, he will rub up against you like a kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
I'm so happy they get on so well together. What a little cutie Slim is .

Rgeurts, I know you know this cant be an easy decision for your dad to make. I love you for being there for both him and Slim .
It's not easy for him at all. He can't play with Slim as much as he used to, but I think he would be more than happy to keep Slim if it weren't for my sister and her hubby. They have 2 ****zus (they lost the 3rd last month) and they don't care for Slim at all, so they're pressuring him to find Slim another home. But he told me he will only give him up if Shaun and I take him. He won't give him to anyone else (thank goodness! You never know who may end up with him!!). He will be a lot of fun to have around

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Robyn,I missed the part where you tell us about your dad,I am really sorry.
Sometimes a much loved pet is a reason for elderly owners to get up in the morning,a reason for them to pull them selves up and do their best.
I've seen it and although Slim might not get all the exersize he needs he is with the person he loves.
Your dad obviously knows you are wonderful pet-owners and when the time comes that he cannot cope with Slim,he can feel good about where he's going.
Chico, no need to apologize!! And I agree. I think sometimes that Slim is what keeps my dad up and around as much as he is. He will walk Slim at least a mile a day, which is good for someone his age!! He still plays fetch with him, but I know he's getting tired very easy these days. And yes, he knows that we will love Slim as much as he does, and take care of him medically when things start to happen. He's a senior, so it's inevitable
He also has full visitation rights