Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 30th, 2003, 06:38 PM
johnnytl4 johnnytl4 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: newmarket area
Posts: 1
dog pukeing,

hi i was woundring if anyone knows if wild mushrooms growing on trees could cause a dog to get sic,,,my dog was sic for three days puking and wouldnt eat , she is ok now just getting over but my sis dog got sic the same day and is at the vetts going throu sum tests,,,,they both are alwayz in my back yard and we have wild mushrooms growing out there i thought maybee that could of caused it or?if anyone knows if this or any proble cuz of the dogs gettin sick plz let me know,,,, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old October 30th, 2003, 09:00 PM
homer's Avatar
homer homer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Dogs are always eating stuff they shouldn't.

Sure it could have been the mushrooms, but it could also have been something else.

I am glad your dog is OK but in general 3 days is WAY WAY to long to have waited. The dog should have seen a vet.

24-36 hours is the most you should ever wait when a dog has vomited and it is not getting better.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 2nd, 2003, 11:45 AM
drdouggie's Avatar
drdouggie drdouggie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 33
Yep...wild mushrooms will cause your dogs to be sick, get rid of them (the mushrooms..not the dogs!) Many fungi are poisonous to dogs and if ingested in large enough quantities, will kill them. I think you may have had a lucky call there, I have to agree with Homer, 3 days is definately too long to wait to see a vet if your dog is vomiting, especially if it has ingested something it shouldn't, particularly mushrooms, as I've said, many are toxic to dogs.

If you are going to let the dogs out unattended in your garden, do get rid of the mushrooms with a fungicide or simply remove the fruiting bodies (the bits of the mushroom you can see) by hand.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.