Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old December 20th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Talking STAMPDesign

I've been on here for quite some time looking to adopt a cat for my girlfriend. She recently lost her cat & wanted another for her Salem so he wouldn't be lonely. Well, on Friday I had thought I found her cats - 2 sisters with no home, one with no ears from frostbite, that the rescue would rather not seperate. I called her on the weekend to share my joy about finding these sisters for her, only to find out that her St. Bernard is due for surgery & financially she couldn't take in 2 needy cats right now. I could not turn these girls away.
First thing this morning, I got on-line hoping someone would be coming this way, and wouldn't mind carrying these girls along, since I decided I would keep them myself. I spent all weekend preparing for their arrival. All day I've waited & watched the transportation thread to see if someone had posted that they could cover a certain leg of the trip. No luck.... Then my E-mail rings that I have a message, so I check it.......

STAMPDesign.... Has offered to bring me my new kids for Christmas all the way from Montreal To Brampton. I don't drive and though I can care for these cats I had no way of getting them. I've been heartbroken thinking I wouldn't be able to save these girls. Never mind my fright that one still has not been caught and it was sooooo cold last night.
So, this is my rant to share my joy with everyone, my announcment that I have found my 2 newest babies & they are coming home on Dec. 27th, 2004.

Most importantly, My thanks to STAMPDesign & her husband for offering to do this for me. There have to be more people in the world like you - Thanks

From, Laura, Whinnie, & Boo :love:

For making our house full this Christmas season. Now the fun part - Shopping for my new babies, and introducing Boo to Cats before their arrival!!!!!
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"

Last edited by whinnie-boo; December 21st, 2004 at 04:14 PM. Reason: to many signatures
Old December 20th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Titleless

You are more then Welcome and glad there was something we could do. It's hard here in Montreal to find homes for perfectly healthy cats and harder for the not so perfect. However, all are perfect in my eyes.

I hope they will bring you many years of smiles, laughs and most of all, love.

It's just nice to know they won't have to spend another night in the freezing weather and unsure of where their next meal will come from.

No need to Thank Me, you should be the one getting Thanked. So Whinnie-boo, Thank you for opening your home and heart to two very needy sisters.

Happy Holidays!
Old December 20th, 2004, 04:59 PM

BOTH of you deserve the kudos. Whinnie for taking in the poor little kitties, and Stamp for helping find them forever homes.

You're both heros in my book!
Old December 20th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes,I agree...and thank you STAMPdesigns for helping Whinnie and the kitties :love:
Old December 21st, 2004, 01:38 PM

Unhappy

Thanks for your kind words, I just wish I was still happy about this thread.
I got a very impersonnal E-mail this morning stating that I own a pit-bull that has never met a cat & small Children (which I don't have) therefore they were not willing to adopt any animal to me.

I'm losing patience for the judgemental, uninformed members on this board, and am sick to death that I was denied to help these beautiful girls, and after working so hard to find a way to get them here... I didn't deserve more then a stupid e-mail.
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
Old December 22nd, 2004, 02:05 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

It warms my heart to no end to hear happy stories like this that end well.

Happy holidays everyone!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old December 29th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Talking We need more people like this in the world

This story does end well. STAMPDesign and I have spent hours on the phone in the last week or so, getting to know eachother, and learning about all the great work she is doing in Quebec for all animals, not just cats.

I had the pleasure of meeting Stamp & her Husband on Monday when the came all the way From Quebec to Brampton Ontario to bring me my Christmas present, that they had read I wanted. They made me the proud new Mommy of a female & Male medium haired all black cats.....MANGO & ROBERT. YAY!!!!!!

I was terrified about the fact that Mango had never met a dog, and Boo-Boo had just met a Rabbit-2 days before their arrival. Boo was fine with the Bunny, so I knew the cat would be fine. But, I was still unsure of Mango.
Now, its 2 days later. Robert and the dogs are inseperable, they sleep, eat & play together. Mango, is taking her time, but coming around slowly. She loves her new Mommy & she doesn't mind Whin & Boo, but, she can't stand Robert. She hides in her closet whenever Mommy is out of the room, but when she see's me, she expects all my attention. These 2 beautiful new babies are the greatest gift in the world, and my THANKS go out to STAMPDesign & her family, for spending their holidays making my family whole.
I can not express my thanks with words, so I'll get on top of the pictures, hopefully Robert & Mango can express the thanks for me.

Happy new year to all, especially STAMP & FAMILY!!!! You guys are the greatest & we'll talk to you soon!!
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Titleless

I'm glad all has worked out and that Robert and Mango have a loving and safe home. Of course, I'm in total love with Whinnie and Boo I was in total awe of how well behaved and social they are, even the husband liked them (and he's not a dog person). Great job on how well you have raised them As for Robert and Mango, Robert seems to have made himself at home 5 minutes after being let out of the cage and Mango will come around. Give them tons of kisses for me and I expect pictures
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh yes! Please! Pictures!
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:50 PM

Glasslass - Pics have been posted.

STAMP - I'm glad you found the girls well behaved, they were actually a little high strung because you brought some furry black things in a cage into the house, but they're so beyond happy with their new siblings now, I can't believe I was afraid of what may happen. So much so, Whinnie has started to defend Robert when Mango goes off on him for getting to close. Whinnie just sticks her nose between them, and One gives in and turns the other way.
All day Mango has been watching movies on the sofa, and hasn't bothered to run for the closet. She's getting better with everyday, if only Robert would leave her alone.......
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Titleless

HAHA I'm still surprised Robert is being a PITA He had been in a foster home before and a kitten was also in this home. This little kitten wouldn't leave Robert alone and finally one day Robert just knocked him over and walked off. I'm sure he means Mango no harm, just curious. Then again, Mango probably has no interest in Robert as he did throw up on her on their travels. Of course, she's not interested lol. Glad to hear she came out of the room today and is doing well