Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old December 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Kitty Whisperers needed....

This family (minus the grey one...she has a kitty whisperer) was rescued and sterilized in September. Steri-animal was going to release them back in their colony. However putting this little family back in their colony meant certain death (by car, poison, or local pound who still use the gas chambers). We are desperately looking for people to help socialize this family. The mother is very young and we hope she will come around. However, we would like to seperate the mother from the babies so that the babies do not pick up her "feral" ways. If this can not be done we will have no choice but return them to their colony. I found someone to socialize and adopt the little grey one (her name is now Tuli). THe orange one (Prince Harry/Harry for short) and the black and white one (ShortStop-because of her short legs) need someone who is patient to help them trust humans..this can take up to a month or two. Kittens can be seperated for this to work. Having a cat in the house can simplify the socialization.
The calico (mom) needs a "cat whisperer" who has an adult friendly cat who can show her that humans are ok....please pass this along as we are desperate not to lose this family to the street or the gas chambers...we can help by providing food. All are healthy/sterilized/ dewormed. thank you
Attached Images

Old December 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

I can't believe there has been no help I have posted several times on my Facebook. I so wish I could help, I really do. We have a full house Will post again on my Facebook. You are such a good soul. I know this has weighed heavy on your heart. Good luck. I live on the west island of Montreal but will gladly help with transportation if anyone can help. Please!!!!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:07 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I so wish I could help out. I am more than full at the moment though. I have shared your posting a couple of times on FB through diandpat. Hardly on pets sites anymore anywhere. I'll keep sharing. Good luck!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awww, crap, Cpietra, I wish I could help, but with Puddles being so sick I just can't.

I hope you find somebody who can take her in.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

I wish I could help too. I've had three ferals in here and two came around very, very well. I've still got two of them and one is very jealous of other cats so no more kittens for us till I can set up a place to separate them. And then if I do, sadly, there are more than enough ferals, strays and dumpees in our village, I don't have to go far looking.

A note to give you all a laugh. My OH and a neighbour lady are putting out food for some ferals. A month or so ago he got a good look at one. Black and white. Guess where the white is? Yep, it's a stripe.
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you guys . I know that if anyone could help it would be you guys . I just have to come to terms that I can not save them all . They will be happier outside even if it will be short lived ..which I hope it is not . They are not happy behind the enclosure that I gave out up between the living room and the dining room .
Old August 28th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Senior Contributor

UPDATE; I did not have the heart to put them back outside. the area where they were picked up was dangerous and unpredictable. Anyway, the little boys are in foster and are doing amazingly well. Arthur (Arty-orange ) purrs and loves to be with other cats and is comfortable with his foster mom. Shortstop (back and white) is a little more timid but coming along .
Hope (calico) is the mom and she has come a long way. from Hissing and snapping, she is now comfortable with her foster parent...but still considered semi-feral.
We have a potential place for her to go to but waiting for an answer.
If all goes well I need to get her to Ontario. I am not sure when this will happen (hope this weekend..but not sure yet). Would anyone be able to help with this trip..meeting halfway, etc....as I get more detail I will come back and share.
This has been a long journey for this little family, but I hope it will have a happy ending for all of them.
The little gray one (named Tuli) is doing well. She plays with her human mom only when human mom is asleep...go figure!!!
Anyway that was an update on our little family.
Old August 28th, 2014, 03:49 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Bless you for sticking with this little family, cpietra! Good luck with the transport! Wish I were on the route--would love to meet Hope!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."