Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Hello All

Hello my name is Paul I am 22 years old I live in the GTA in Ontario I share ownership with my parents of my pure bred Pug Yoda he is a wonderful,loving almost human like or as close to it a dog can get he is now 12 years old. I love everything about him and have started taking care of him more like doing his nails brushing his teeth keeping him as healthy as possible! here is a picture of him. I also plan to look into Olde English Bulldogges so if anyone can point me to where I need to go it would be greatly appreciated as well I have researched the breed, looked at breeders in Ontario and on Dogs annual Canada.

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:25 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hi, Paul! Welcome to the forum!

Yoda looks like quite the venerable old gentleman, wise beyond his years!

I don't know anything about Olde English Bulldogges (I'm more of a setter person, m'self) but I suspect you'll hear from someone on the forum with some information soon!
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Yes thank you he has been more then wonderful and I hope I can be helpful to people about Pugs as well as I have learned alot with Yoda!
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:39 AM
-

You have a major sweetums there with Yoda. Have you thought at all about adopting a rescued dog ? There truly is nothing quite like it !
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Senior Contributor

I would do a lot of research before getting a bulldogge as there are lots of health problems it also makes the search for a good breeder of quality bulldogs more difficult as the breed is not recognized by AKC or CKC though there are rare breed clubs they can be shown and judged at, it is a good idea even to go to some of the rare breed dogs shows and talk to some breeders, learn of they are selecting mates how often they breed what genetic testing they are doing, also learn about genetic testing, some tests may only be require once in a lifetime other need to be done yearly, they also maintain a registry of dogs tests and the results, This can be important if you find a breeder you can check the dogs pedigree lines yourself to see if members of the family were clear or not

contact the bulldogs registries to get recommendations and possibly ask for buyer references find out what health testing is done and ask to see confirmation of results, Even if it takes several months to a year to find a high quality breeder it can be worth it, my guess is even a pet quality bulldog may cost $1500 to $2000 to purchase and the last thing you want to learn is that the dog has some genetic problem a year or 2 down the road that it is going to cost 5 or $10K to fix

http://www.ioeba.net/

http://www.bulldoggecanada.com/

http://www.freewebs.com/oldevictorianbulldogge/

http://b4.boards2go.com/boards/board...r=pforpforbull

Health registries

http://www.offa.org/

http://www.vmdb.org/
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Live well, laugh often

Good advice from OntarioGreys . Welcome to the board .
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

Yoda. hehe i dont know that ive ever seen an animal with a name that suits im so well! . Hes too cute!
Old February 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Animal Lover

Cute doggie! Welcome to the forum. Hope to see more of you around. I can't help you with the bulldog thing though. Mine are both mutts and proud of it. hehe

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:10 PM

Yeah I understood that they did not have as many health probems as the English Bulldog? but maybe I misunderstood and yes I luckily was the one to name him when watching S.W. 4,5,6 it occured to me that this little dog offered so much in such a little package so therefore Yoda he was named! and yes I do plan to stay on this site I am a dog lover and volunteer at the Newmarket OSPCA whenever I can between school and work! I have thought about adopting especially when I am there I just want to make sure I can take care of the dog and give it full attention when I am ready!