Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Amphibians - rabbits - reptiles - rodents - exotics

Old September 4th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Senior Contributor

i have had enough!!

did my best this f grampa toad big guy has come many times i put in a bucket and tossed him, im now getting pissed he was up on dakotas ramp tonight its time for him to go hello i have walked him 2 blocks away god what do i do he looks at me and says hello lol but always sprays its 7 times in the last 3 weeks next time im putting him in the garbage bin dont know what else to do
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Is there a damp place about a mile away that you can take him to and he would be safe? A park or something?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Geez, all this talk about putting him in a garbage bin, or maybe a damp (river) kinda place, sounds like some of the news stories we've heard about lately. Watch out for the animal police! I do agree with 14+ though, obviously two blocks isn't far enough away. But you want to make sure you don't put him anywhere that he's gonna "croak"!!! Sorry, couldn't resist....
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Good one DD!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It may not even be the same toad, Brenda. If there's one that's gotten that big, chances are there are more.

We just put them outside the fence if the dogs are bothering them. After a few frothing-at-the-mouth episodes the dogs pretty much learn to leave them be, anyway. Won't be long now before all the toads hibernate and you'll be free of the cheeky lil guy(s).

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Contributor

its the same one ! i have picked him up many times, next time wont be pleasant, i drove him down the street last night, stupid toad
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Well someone has your number. Maybe a little crush on the human that is so nice to him
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gang View Post
its the same one ! i have picked him up many times, next time wont be pleasant, i drove him down the street last night, stupid toad
It's a toad.. Poor little guy is just trying to co-exist in our world. I kinda feel badly for him.
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
-

I have them here , they always hang out near the doors , where there's pavement. The dogs know not to mess with them , a quick sniff and they get the message LOL I have no problem with the toads here , as long as they don't try to come inside. you'll get use to him Brenda !
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I have them here , they always hang out near the doors , where there's pavement. The dogs know not to mess with them , a quick sniff and they get the message LOL I have no problem with the toads here , as long as they don't try to come inside. you'll get use to him Brenda !
Funny thing, I meet them while walking all the dogs. I always pick them off the road and put them on the grass....Gee - I may be contributing to someone else's misery... Poor little guys....just their existance at birth is a struggle.
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:42 AM
150% PRO S/N

Do you have a spot where you could make a toad home for him? Maybe close by the spot he seems to love so much? Toads are normally drawn to a spot where there are lots of bugs and mosquitoes - their favourite foods. They also like an area to burrow into the earth to stay cool. He isn't intentionally coming around to tick you off. He just wants to eat and be near a cool, damp, dark spot.
Personally I love having them here. They eat their weight in bugs and moquitoes daily.

Here's a googled site that show many different styles of toad homes. I'm sure you could think of something to make this guy more comfy and less a danger to your dogs.

http://www.google.ca/images?rlz=1C1G...w=1152&bih=771

Old September 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Funny thing, I meet them while walking all the dogs. I always pick them off the road and put them on the grass....Gee - I may be contributing to someone else's misery... Poor little guys....just their existance at birth is a struggle.
They seem to like the pavement better , pavement , ciment , don't know why when I see one in the grass here , it's usually little babies. I have to be careful when I walk to or from my car when it's dark , there's always one or 2 on the front steps.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Contributor

ill look at the site, little bugger was back again,
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Here's a googled site that show many different styles of toad homes. I'm sure you could think of something to make this guy more comfy and less a danger to your dogs.

http://www.google.ca/images?rlz=1C1G...w=1152&bih=771
Are some of those ever adorable ! Our resident toads seem to like the areas around the outdoor hoses, in taller grass, and under the giant leaves of the squash plants.

Brenda, Lucky wants me to tell you to tell the Pins to "look, don't lick" .
Attached Images

Old September 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Are some of those ever adorable ! Our resident toads seem to like the areas around the outdoor hoses, in taller grass, and under the giant leaves of the squash plants.

Brenda, Lucky wants me to tell you to tell the Pins to "look, don't lick" .
Cute pic LP!!
The kitties have been sharing their catuary with many toads this year. I have gone to feed them (the cats, not the toads) and quite often find them chilling in the cats' water bowls. They move when I get too close. One guy in particular likes to share KMK's bowl with him. He doesn't seem to mind too much. Free entertainment.

Last edited by 14+kitties; September 11th, 2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Contributor

diesel is a brat lol and gets to close, and guess what happens, foams Name:  P8250257.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  205.8 KB grrrrrr brenda and the pins, everyone is making a joke in my family and says it just has to be my PRINCE kiss him lol brenda and the pins, last night was 15 times i have put him out of the yard
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm tellin' ya, Brenda...there's more than one!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Senior Contributor

must be he is back tonight, little shi-----t
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:41 PM
150% PRO S/N

Have you or your neighbours got a pond? Is there a bog near by? Anything with water that will attract them to the area. They are normally not as big of fans of water as frogs are but they still like to be around it. Maybe there's a whole big family living nearby.
Is there area where they always come to particularly dark/damp? Maybe you could put down some fresh soil under the ramp or near it to attract the toads to that spot rather than the ramp. Even a low pot filled with soil will help. They like to hunker down into dirt a lot of times and you don't know they are there until you disturb the soil. I know a couple of weeks ago I was doing some much needed weeding in one of my gardens. Suddenly the mulch started to move and a toad popped out. I quickly moved from that area and he settled back in.

Last edited by 14+kitties; September 11th, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Senior Contributor

i got a pic of the little guy tonight on the ramp again lol