Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Free Stuff is Good Stuff - Pets.ca's freecycling forum

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
-

Looking for a used screen door

If anyone has one to sell .... I'm buying. But it has to be 28" large (or wide?)

I was looking at used and new ones , it usually starts at 30"

I need this for a little project I have. I'm not asking for free , I will pay for the door.
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:50 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

if i cut and grooved the boards and numbered them,,then sent it to you would you be able to follow instructions to put it together,,kinda like a jigsaw puzzle.
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
if i cut and grooved the boards and numbered them,,then sent it to you would you be able to follow instructions to put it together,,kinda like a jigsaw puzzle.
you think ?
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:57 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i could make you a simple one,,like two sides, top bottom and a piece across the center and screen the whole thing,,,or make the bottom solid for safety,,,if Jenniev came to town i could send it back with her. or are you talking fancy like mine...
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
-

Quote:
or are you talking fancy like mine...
no no , nothing fancy , just very basic
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
-

solid bottom or all screen....mine is made of cedar,,it doesn't warp, mold or mildew,,etc, etc..and it smells good.
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
-

Quote:
solid bottom or all screen....mine is made of cedar,,it doesn't warp, mold or mildew,,etc, etc..and it smells good.
I was thinking solid wooded frame , put screen , and put some wooded "bars" across it to reinforce the screen. But that's only if I can't find a used one. I'm looking at wood or aluminium screen doors.
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM
-

k well if you don't find a door let me know..
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:06 PM
-

Quote:
k well if you don't find a door let me know..
thanks aslan
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

I will be scoping the garage sales for you Frenchy...you never know what you will find there.. (just the thought of your last find makes me giggle).
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I will be scoping the garage sales for you Frenchy...you never know what you will find there.. (just the thought of your last find makes me giggle).
I could maybe exchange "them" for the door

got a reply from an add I wrote to , door is 32"

on another note ... I have a Pedipaws to give.
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy, I got a wooden screen door at "Home Hardware" for just $29
It's really basic but does the trick. They have a variety of widths available (my door is an odd size so I had to shave one down).
http://www.homehardware.ca/Products/..._t_bar_30x80_5
I guess regular price is $39,99 but they should be on sale this time of year.

old doors seem to be everywhere.. until you are trying to find one

good luck
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I could maybe exchange "them" for the door

I'm still waiting on a pic of those beauties

I have a Pedipaws to give.
You gave up on the pedipaws

Don't you think you should tell folks why you want the door
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
You gave up on the pedipaws

yes , and then I bought a Pedicure , and the motor seized so I took it back , and then I bought a dremel , much better !

I posted about it in the tjt
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:31 AM
-

Quote:
I know I read it in the "chat room", I just wanted you to announce it to the WORLD
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know I read it in the "chat room", I just wanted you to announce it to the WORLD
I think she should too!!
If I lived closer I could get hubby to whip you up one too. He's quite handy once I get him moving on a project.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
-

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I think she should too!!
you guys are too funny

ok ok , the door is for the guest bedroom , that I'm changing into a small catuary so I can start fostering cats , maybe 2-3 at a time , or moms with kittens. If all goes well , I'll be taking the first fosters in 2 weeks.

I'm giving the bed away (just the mattress) I'll know more next week , someone might come by and pick it up. I was also looking at the base of the bed , it's an old futon wooded base , I think we can make the door by using some of this wood. and will also ask my friend about building a cat tree for the fosters.

I can't wait
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
you guys are too funny

ok ok , the door is for the guest bedroom , that I'm changing into a small catuary so I can start fostering cats , maybe 2-3 at a time , or moms with kittens. If all goes well , I'll be taking the first fosters in 2 weeks.

I'm giving the bed away (just the mattress) I'll know more next week , someone might come by and pick it up. I was also looking at the base of the bed , it's an old futon wooded base , I think we can make the door by using some of this wood. and will also ask my friend about building a cat tree for the fosters.

I can't wait
Yeah!!!! I have a blind girl and a 3 legged boy (we got him through a member here - but then he had 4 legs, one broken badly that required removal). You up to it???
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
-

Quote:
Yeah!!!! I have a blind girl and a 3 legged boy (we got him through a member here - but then he had 4 legs, one broken badly that required removal). You up to it???
If they can wait a bit , of course I will take them ! (they get along together ?)
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
you guys are too funny

I can't wait

You are the best!! And I am honoured you are using my word "catuary". You have a huge heart my friend and I am honoured to know you!!
I guess you don't know yet if you are going with the slats or the aluminum screening.

BM - Since you mentioned the little guy with three legs - how is he doing? I am sure he is flourishing with your rescues' help.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM
-

Quote:
And I am honoured you are using my word "catuary".
YOU have been an inspiration 14+ , by seeing everything you do

It killed me when I saw that Churchill wouldn't accept new foster dogs. He could get better but , I'm not going to risk the safety of a foster while trying. I get e-mails about dogs in need of rescuing every day , you don't know how that makes me feel , knowing I can't take any of them.

I never thought about fostering cats before for that same situation , the others might not welcome him/her , takes a long time to get them all used to one another. Then you have to start all over again with another foster cat ... but by keeping them in the "catuary" , the fosters will have less stress
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
150% PRO S/N

It is a little sad more people don't take a seldom used room and do the same thing. Just think of the inroads we could make on improving the fate of a lot of kitties.
Churchill comes first. And yes, I know exactly how it feels to turn away an animal in need. It breaks our hearts slowly. But on the upside you have helped so many!

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
-

I should also add that , the rescue that I will be fostering the kitties for (I already fostered dogs for her 2-3 times) is making "my job" easier. All the cats (and dogs) are vetted before going into fostering. They're all tested so I know the ones I take , won't be bringing unwanted visitors to my house. and I really like "working" with Benmax.

I love this rescue. I have to say , I have fostered for 3 different rescues so far , and I love all 3.

Last edited by Frenchy; April 15th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM
-

Quote:

It is a little sad more people don't take a seldom used room and do the same thing.
Yes , I kept thinking I need a guest bedroom .... but for what ? Having guest 2-3 times a year ? next time I have visitors , they'll just have to take my room and I'll sleep in the living room , I already fall asleep on the couch most nights anyway

I also thought about having a roomate but only someone that I know. I don't have friends in need of a room , I do know of cats that would though
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Yes , I kept thinking I need a guest bedroom .... but for what ? Having guest 2-3 times a year ? next time I have visitors , they'll just have to take my room and I'll sleep in the living room , I already fall asleep on the couch most nights anyway
I have a "free room" coming up soon too. Hubby would kill me!!!!!

Speaking of cats - gotta go do some cleaning in a small house I know....

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Looking for a used

Is the mattress looking for a new home? mine is so old and stinky.
Old April 16th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
You are the best!! And I am honoured you are using my word "catuary". You have a huge heart my friend and I am honoured to know you!!
I guess you don't know yet if you are going with the slats or the aluminum screening.

She is the greatest isn't she! I am so pleased as this type of service is GOLD!!!

BM - Since you mentioned the little guy with three legs - how is he doing? I am sure he is flourishing with your rescues' help.
He is actually doing great. That leg was badly mangled and there was no saving it at that point. He can bolt like there is no tomorrow. You wouldn't even know that he was 'challenged'. To him, I am certain it's a relief and no longer hindering his mobility.

Now - challenge #2 is finding him a great home.
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:21 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
He is actually doing great. That leg was badly mangled and there was no saving it at that point. He can bolt like there is no tomorrow. You wouldn't even know that he was 'challenged'. To him, I am certain it's a relief and no longer hindering his mobility.

What good news!! I know you have said that Gerdy doesn't like hugs and such but please, corner her and give her a big one for me please. She is an for all of these homeless, frightened animals.
And you are right - Frenchy is the bestest!!!

Old April 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.pettet View Post
Is the mattress looking for a new home? mine is so old and stinky.
My sister told me about a friend of hers , but she'll only see him next week. If he doesn't want it , of course you can have it ! But it would be a long way for you to come and get it ? It's a Serta , Queen , very thick (8 inches) about 5 years old. It's a very hard mattress. I'll keep you posted !

Quote:

might take a while but sometimes it's the contrary ... sometimes people are not looking for one more cat but if they see one with special need , they'll go : ahhhhh gotta save this poor kitty

Quote:
What good news!! I know you have said that Gerdy doesn't like hugs and such but please, corner her and give her a big one for me please.

would love to see this Gerdy running away from Benmax
And you are right - Frenchy is the bestest!!!
it's all because of you all , always there for me.
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Senior Contributor

frenchy do u have a salvation army around your place, they might have one. Or do u know of any contractors, they might have one they just removed and are going to throw it out? Would save them dumping fees. How about a junk yard? or a place where people take garage but is for dumping building stuff?

Frency that is so great about the cattery!! You are such a loving person. ((HUGS))

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)

Last edited by Tundra_Queen; April 20th, 2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: I didn't read the whole thread!
Closed Thread