Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM

Hi!

I've already posted in the dog and cat behavior forum, but I'd like to introduce myself to the group here. I posted there first because I was desperate for advice. I was not disappointed! Everyone has been wonderful!

I share a home with my mom, five cats, and a dog. We also have some fish and turtles. I still live at home because of economic hardship but thankfully my mom and I support each other in our care of the pets.

But enough about me! My dog is named Abby and she's a pomeranian, about four years old. My cats are Nermal, Penny, Garfield, Emma, and Lily. All are spayed and neutered and the cats are indoor cats. We have neighbors that like to shoot kitties, so I keep them in where they are safe from bullets.

Nermal and Garfield were overweight but I have brought their weights down considerably and they are still losing and doing better, so don't be alarmed by the out of date picture I posted (it's the only one I have with them together!)

I uploaded pictures of Penny, Garfield and Nermal, and Emma. Penny is the black cat, Garfield is the orange tabby, Nermal is the brown tabby, and Emma is the gray cat. I'll post pictures of Lily and Abby after this one.

We're all grateful for everyone's help here!
Attached Images

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:31 PM

hi i read a post about abbey barking and not doing what she was told and if she's still acting that way you might want to read the post i left there
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:38 PM

Kameron, I will jump over there in a minute and take a lot at what you said!

Here are pictures of Lily and Abby:
Attached Images

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:45 PM

aww adorable
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM

Thank you They are all such good pets and I love them all so much. I'll be so sad when I can move out of the house because I'll only be able to take two of them with me. But I can still come and visit the others when I visit my mom!

I credit this forum with helping me get Lily help for her hyperthyroidism. My mom and I thought it was a behavioral problem but it wasn't. Lily is grateful too, I'm sure!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, ALC! Lovely fur family you have

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC View Post
Thank you They are all such good pets and I love them all so much. I'll be so sad when I can move out of the house because I'll only be able to take two of them with me. But I can still come and visit the others when I visit my mom!

I credit this forum with helping me get Lily help for her hyperthyroidism. My mom and I thought it was a behavioral problem but it wasn't. Lily is grateful too, I'm sure!
if you don't mind me asking what is hyperthyroidisom
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:20 PM

Kameron said: "if you don't mind me asking what is hyperthyroidisom"

Lily has an overactive thyroid gland that makes her feel hungry all of the time and prevents her from gaining any weight. My mom and I thought that because she was constantly getting into the dog food, cat food, our food, etc that she was just misbehaving. We didn't recognize it as a health problem. I came to the board here in desperation trying to find an answer to what was going on, and was told she might have that problem. We got her checked out and sure enough she did. She has to take medicine to calm her thyroid down but should be okay.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Welcome to the board, ALC! Lovely fur family you have
Thank you very much
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:56 AM

[COLOR="Magenta"][/COLOR] i am sorry it took me a minute to reply i use my wii for internet and the batteries went dead
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Senior Contributor

ALC,love all your pics,especially the Brown Tabby in the snuggle-pic
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
ALC,love all your pics,especially the Brown Tabby in the snuggle-pic
Thank you! Nermal is the brown tabby and he is "my" cat, and so is the black cat. Nermal and Penny were gifts to me from my mom when my father passed away. They are both rescue kitties. Garfield is both mine and my mom's, I adopted him as a friend for Nermal since he wasn't getting along with Lily (they have a truce now) and he regards Penny and Emma as his "kittens." We got both girls when they were kittens and he was about a year old, and ever since then he has taken care of them and treated them like they were his kittens. It's funny to watch.

Everyone gets along in the house for the most part. Lily doesn't really like the dog or the other cats, but she tolerates them. The dog and the other cats all get along great, so it's pretty harmonious.
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:50 PM

Hello and welcome, your fur family is beautiful
Chloe, Golden Retriever born 10/2008

Always in my heart Spice, Peanut and little Charlie