Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Free Stuff is Good Stuff - Pets.ca's freecycling forum

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
-

Looking for a used screen door

If anyone has one to sell .... I'm buying. But it has to be 28" large (or wide?)

I was looking at used and new ones , it usually starts at 30"

I need this for a little project I have. I'm not asking for free , I will pay for the door.
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:50 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

if i cut and grooved the boards and numbered them,,then sent it to you would you be able to follow instructions to put it together,,kinda like a jigsaw puzzle.
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
if i cut and grooved the boards and numbered them,,then sent it to you would you be able to follow instructions to put it together,,kinda like a jigsaw puzzle.
you think ?
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:57 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i could make you a simple one,,like two sides, top bottom and a piece across the center and screen the whole thing,,,or make the bottom solid for safety,,,if Jenniev came to town i could send it back with her. or are you talking fancy like mine...
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
-

Quote:
or are you talking fancy like mine...
no no , nothing fancy , just very basic
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
-

solid bottom or all screen....mine is made of cedar,,it doesn't warp, mold or mildew,,etc, etc..and it smells good.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
-

I should also add that , the rescue that I will be fostering the kitties for (I already fostered dogs for her 2-3 times) is making "my job" easier. All the cats (and dogs) are vetted before going into fostering. They're all tested so I know the ones I take , won't be bringing unwanted visitors to my house. and I really like "working" with Benmax.

I love this rescue. I have to say , I have fostered for 3 different rescues so far , and I love all 3.

Last edited by Frenchy; April 15th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Senior Contributor

frenchy do u have a salvation army around your place, they might have one. Or do u know of any contractors, they might have one they just removed and are going to throw it out? Would save them dumping fees. How about a junk yard? or a place where people take garage but is for dumping building stuff?

Frency that is so great about the cattery!! You are such a loving person. ((HUGS))

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)

Last edited by Tundra_Queen; April 20th, 2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: I didn't read the whole thread!
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:04 AM
-

oh oh TQ just made me think of a place,,we have a place called " Habitat for humanity" they have their own private stores where contractors donate stuff from job sites instead of dumping them..from lights right up to complete kitchens..the store is called the re-use it store...see if you have one there.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:47 AM
-

Quote:
the store is called the re-use it store...see if you have one there.
I found one in Montreal
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Some of those ReStores you might as well go to another store and get one brand new. Their prices are outrageous. Five or so years ago it was a bargain to go there. Now the prices are "competitive". They lost sight of what the store was started for which was to help people who could not afford places like Home Depot, Ronas, etc.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Closed Thread