Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 16th, 2017, 11:22 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

JD the Charmer

hubby is not a cat person, but JD didn't let that stop him from conquest. By the beginning of August, hubby had started plying JD with toys, cat trees, new dishes (like, every week ...we have quite a stash of them now ), new foods to try, cat grass, and then more toys, toys, toys... Quick work, JD! hubby now says that JD isn't just a cat, he's our cat, and that makes all the difference.

Name:  JD checking out some new toys 7-31-16.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  JD in his new cat tree 8-10-16 B.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  83.1 KB

Plus, hubby cleaned up the finished side of the basement as a premiere cat room. It's exposed on the south side with a large overhanging deck on that end from which we can hang hummingbird feeders in the summer, so JD has lots to watch through the windows and gets lots of warm sunbeams to enjoy. He spends a lot of his day in the windows.

Name:  JD in the window, looking out 8-14-16.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  61.0 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 16th, 2017, 11:24 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Now that conquest of hubby was complete, JD turned his sites to the dogs. I'm working on those pictures, now--from September 2016...so still behind, but catching up a little quicker now. At any rate, more to follow on the saga of JD in a week or so.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 16th, 2017, 07:27 PM

Smart cat, and very lucky he chose your house.. He knows which person he had to work on, and it definitely appears that it worked.
Old April 16th, 2017, 08:45 PM

What a pampered kitty JD is! He's so darned cute though Your Hubby didn't stand a chance . He was kitten smitten on day one
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Senior Contributor

He is a handsome guy ! JD is a very lucky to have such a good home.
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I hope we're doing right by him. Having no cat experience, I worry about everything. The latest thing is overgrooming.

He had surgery on his back in September and needed to be in a cone for a month to let it heal. I'd take the cone off 3 times or so a day so he could groom, but he started overgrooming his tail, which was the only thing he could reach while wearing the cone. Now, even though the cone is long gone, there is a section on his tail that is losing hair from grooming. I've heard that overgrooming can be a sign of stress or boredom? *sigh* We try to make him happy, but what do we know? Nada....we're mainly dog people.

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

what a cutie HRP
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old April 17th, 2017, 12:20 PM

Nice pictures of JD. He is a real good-looking lad. That picture of him in the cat tree almost gives the impression that he thinks he's special. You'd almost get the impression that he is categorizing himself as a real C0000L cat.
Old April 17th, 2017, 01:08 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

He thinks absolutely that he's a cool cat! That's cuz he is!! Special, too!

Plus, in his free time, when he's taking a break from being a cool, special cat, he's a LION!! In his own mind, anyway!

Old April 17th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Senior Contributor

http://www.feliway.com/us/FELIWAY/FELIWAY-Diffuser

A vet I go use these when treating cats , I was told it helps the cats relax when the vet is examining them.
There are plug in one too .
Old April 17th, 2017, 05:08 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm not sure that would help, Barkingdog. He seems more bored than anxious. And he's using the litter box fine--no inappropriate elimination, no spraying. Just overgrooming that one spot on his tail

Frankly, I think getting a pal for him would do a lot toward fixing the problem, but hubby won't have that... Cuz he's not a cat person, don't ya know?

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I'm not sure that would help, Barkingdog. He seems more bored than anxious. And he's using the litter box fine--no inappropriate elimination, no spraying. Just overgrooming that one spot on his tail

Frankly, I think getting a pal for him would do a lot toward fixing the problem, but hubby won't have that... Cuz he's not a cat person, don't ya know?
Yeah I can see you much your hubby dislike s LOL! I think getting a second cat a great idea , it will help keep JD mind off his tail so it can heal . My daughter's family has a rescue cat and got a rescues kitty and the 2 cats are great buddies now , they take naps together all the time . Their cat was bored when was home alone but not anymore.
Old April 29th, 2017, 11:45 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

I still haven't abandoned the idea of a companion--but hubby isn't budging on this one. And I guess the thought of having to fend off two kitties every time I try to go through the door is a bit daunting! Heaven knows that JD is enough of an escape artist all by himself without a buddy running interference for him!

Old April 29th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm just seeing this now. My husband was the Great White Hunter who wanted all the birds for himself and was not fond of cats. Not that they competed for the same birds. After some lessons on who has the brains and education and who has only the instinct to go on coupled with marriage to a cat lover he is now a cat lover. When we visit someone's house the cat will go to him. He is still reluctant to pick them up though, and cuddle them. Big sissy is afraid a little hook will hurt his baby tender red headed skin. Big sucky, sissy.
Old April 29th, 2017, 09:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

You know, after seeing our guys in action, it's a wonder there aren't more Crazy Cat Men out there....but for some reason, the Crazy Cat Ladies get all the attention!

Old June 23rd, 2017, 12:13 AM

I just love JD's eyes.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 09:46 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

The right one is a lot golder than it looks here. I just can't get a pic in good enough light to show the true color. But it's just gorgeous! I really like his eyes, too!

Old June 26th, 2017, 09:37 PM

I thought it is kind of amber-ish in color. Very charming indeed.