Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old May 30th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Vicky K

Survivor needs a good home

This cat has been living under the stairs (outside our neighboor's place)
I've been seeing him since December and just found out now that he/she was abandonned by the old tenants last July

He often comes to our balcony and watches me play with my two cats and my heart breaks everytime.....we have been feeding him/her but we too are moving in July. My cats would never accept a third companion no matter how hard I try, but I'm hoping there is someone out there willing to give this cat the love he/she so very much deserves.

I don't know the gender of the cat cause he/she doesn't let adults get too close but he/she approaches my 8 yr old daughter like they are old friends. (I took in a stray from this area last summer and when I brought him to the vet we found a pellet in his abdomen and I wonder if this cat is scared of adults cause he/she too is or has been experiencing this cruel abuse by some disgusting human being) Which makes this all more urgent

I live in the Chomedey Laval region, which is in the outskirts of Montreal, and I would be willing to transport the cat anywhere around the island.

Please reply or send an e-mail to pumbasmom2000@yahoo.ca if you can help this cat

Thanks!
(and thank you Lucky Rescue I hope u don't mind me posting here)
Attached Images

Old May 30th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Of course I don't mind you posting this here, but need contact information for you, either tel# or email addy.

I'm going to ask around, but you need to get this cat inside so it will be available if anyone is interested. I've taken in cats of all ages and both sexes, and have never had any who could not learn to get along in time IF they are introduced properly.

I can post this cat on my site, but again - he/she needs to be available and also must be spayed or neutered.
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

This poor babe hasn't had a home to go to since last July

Oh that is so very very sad.
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Vicky K

Yes he has been on his own but I always figured he had a home cause he just looks so well groomed all the time. It really makes me so sad cause the neighbors say he always tries to come in cause that was his home. And like I said I have a big blacony and the cat comes up our fire escape and watches me play ball with my cats (they play fetch my little guys ) I always wanted to let him in but my cats are boyfriend and girlfriend so to speak, and they are extremely jealous and protective over each other.
Old May 30th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Cats who have been living outside generally get along quite well with most other cats. I'm sending you an email to tell you how to introduce them so as to have the best results.

Are you sure this cat doesn't have a home? Intact males often wander quite a bit and some even have more than one home!
Old May 30th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Vicky K

99.9% sure...I've been watching him closely and he disappears during the day but always seeks refuge under the balcony at night or in our neighboors Jeep shhhh if he found out he would stop leaving his top off

P.S. thank you for the e-mail I will be on the look out. I am actually starting my courses tomorrow on pet grooming, as well as many other courses (homeopathy, naturopathy, behaviours etc.) and hopefully I too will be able to make a small contribution to our pet community (if things take-off im planning on having some kinda shelter)
Old May 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

How sad But I know idiots do this to cats all the time,how do they sleep at night???
I am happy someone at least feeds her,for some reason I think she looks female
She looks so pretty,hopefully someone will want to take her.I assume she spent the winter outside,she's lucky to have survived
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Vicky K

Well, I thought the hard part would be finding this guy a home, but I now realize that catching him is becoming a much bigger feat
Im sure the neighboors think I am crazy by now (laying in driveways and crawling under balconies) but I will try and lure him into my apartment I guess. Please post if u have any better ideas....

Thanks animal lovers!
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Senior Contributor

I can only suggest you use a humane trap. Set it up when you are home and bait it with something really good - like tuna. After being on his own so long, it's natural that he's wary.

I'm sure that once he's caught he'll revert back to being a pet again.

You can get the traps at tool rental places, or the SPCA.