Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM

Looking for opinions on new food I found

Hello everyone,
I found a new food to try for GUNNER, I would like any feedback from all of you food critics.The website is www.drharveys.com the food is called Canine Health, you can click on it to get all the ingredients.I have him still on chicken and rice since he still has runny poop from the shelter.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Live well, laugh often

So, if I understand correctly you supply all the meat and just add it to this product?

Organic Brown Rice Flakes, Organic Kamut Flakes, Organic Spelt Flakes, Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Barley Flakes, Organic Triticale Flakes, Sweet Potatoes*, Carrots*, Potatoes*, Zucchini*, Peas**, Green Beans*, Beets*, Broccoli*, Parsley Leaf, Lecithin Granules, Garlic Granules, Bee Pollen Granules, Nutritional Yeast Flakes, Alfalfa Leaf, Rose Hips*, Red Clover Blossums*, Oat Straw*, Flax Seed Meal*, Papaya Leaf*, Rosemary Leaf*, Dandelion Root*, Peppermint Leaf*, Ginger Root*, Spirulina*, Foenugreek*, Basil Leaf, Fennel Seed.

*Dehydrated **Freeze Dried

Would you be adding raw or cooked? If you are considering adding raw then that would be going against most conventional raw wisdom as grains are generally shunned when feeding a raw diet.
If you are adding cooked then I guess my main thing is that it is probably a very expensive option. You could prepare your own home cooked diet probably much cheaper.
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Not sure there's anything in there you can't add to raw on your own, if you really wanted to.