Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

holistic/conventional vet in Montreal?

hi guys,

does anyone have a great holistic dvm in the montreal area? downtown is best..

thanks!!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Senior Contributor

I know of one...

a Dr. Dunbar. She's my friend's vet but she's out on the West Island. I know she mixes homeopathic and conventional medicine..if that's what you mean by holistic. I could get more info for you from my friend if the WEst Island isn't too far.....
Old January 29th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

thanks alot for your reply, twinmommy! too bad west island is kinda too far
but i will keep dr.dunbar in mind if i can't find someone closer..i heard there might be a dr. at the animal health clinic in ndg, but i'm not sure. i think i ill give them a call.

have a great weekend!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Senior Contributor

If N.D.G. is good for you, I highly recommend Eric Foote!!!
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

he's the doc i heard of!!! what's he like? is he into homeopathy also?
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Senior Contributor

He's wooonderful!! Very softspoken, you will notice how calm he is, and it rubs off on the animals!! I don't know about the homeopathic medicine, but he seems like he would be "in tune" to that. He only does what is NEEDED, if you know what I mean. He also takes care of all the vaccinations out at the Ecomuseum in Ste Anne's.

Let me know how you like him!!
Old January 30th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

awesome! thx! i pm'd you too.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Herbie the Love Pug's Mom

Hi Crystal!

hope you're well. I was surfing around today (while I should have been working!) and I came across this info that I thought you'd like to see:

Salaberry Holistic Veterinary Clinic 514-334-7280 - Paul Guindon and Clayes - 1895 Salaberry Loc 4 - Montreal, Quebec H3M 1K5

Not exactly sure where that is but worth investigating! Good luck!

- Woodrow Wilson
Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:46 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Hey Sarah Jane! Everything is great thanks! I hope all is well with you and Herbie (his photos have turned me into a pug fan!!! he's so freakin' cute!!!!).

Actually I've been to Dr.Guindon and he is awesome! He is just a little out of the way, especially if we want to bring all our rescues to him also. I would like to give Dr.Foote a try tho, he sounds great too...

Give Herbie a kiss for me!
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Dr. Eric Foote in NDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommy
If N.D.G. is good for you, I highly recommend Eric Foote!!!
I apologise for bringing up this nearly-two-year-old subject, but I am trying to track down Dr. Foote and Twinmommy's post came up in a Google search. Does anyone by any chance have any contact info for him? I'm not having any luck on my own!

Any info much appreciated - thanks very much.

Last edited by lproven; June 27th, 2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Hi there! Dr Foot just came back yesterday from a month off due to an eye injury. His (Ville Marie Vet Clinic) clinic's number is 514.485.4504
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM

Thank you!

Wow, that was fast - thank you so much. I wish I had found this thread a couple of weeks ago!
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Heehee, no prob. He's the best vet
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Red face Holistic Vet

Hey guys,
sorry i know this topic was posted awhile ago, but ive googled it and this came up. I was wondering if anyone had went to eric foote or guindon and what their experiences are. Are they holistic and if so how are they? Ive had bad experiences with my dogs in the past and had many proceduires and tests done without them being needed. Im really into herbal medecine and holistic medecine as im a student and would really prefer to go to a holistic vet. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jim
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:53 AM

Guindon was Jemma's vet before we got her. He's holistic and I've only heard good things about him. I already had a vet that I knew and trusted, so I didn't switch.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

I've been to both. Eric Foot is our regular vet and he is AWESOME. He is not "holistic" but he is open to herbal/natural methods. He believes in a natural diet, very minimal vaccines & heartworm meds (he'll never push you to vaccinate at all but will recommend it if he REALLY feels it is necessary in your own particular sitution/region). He never over-charges for anything and will often not charge for rechecks. He does not over medicate or prescribe useless "stuff". He does not do surgeries anymore, but he is located in the Animal Health Clinic and they do surgery (Dr Elkin Seto rocks!!). Eric supported me when I opted for titer tests instead of revaccinating this year (we were "due", it was 3 yrs since last time) I have nothing but good to say about him. Oh and he's a nice guy.
Dr Guindon is also very good but I am not 100% sold on the homeopathy yet. I think that a combo of conventional and homeopathy would be ideal so that's why I go to Dr Foot but will visit Dr Guindon for other things..Hope that helped..
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:22 AM

I use Dr Claeys and he's great. However, I think he mostly just does accupuncture. He worked on one of my cats last year whose hind end was paralysed with no known cause. She's now back to about 99% mobility. Her regular vet put her on meds (which helped a lot) but wanted to do surgery. I opted to try Dr Claeys first and it really helped her. He has also done work on my horse.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Wow that's really cool. I would be interested to try acunpuncture for our new senior beagle..where is Dr Claeys? Does he have a website or anything?
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I too can personally recommend Dr. Guindon. He has answered many questions for us on Pets.ca. He is very compassionate and has incredible knowledge on homeopathic veterinary medicine.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old July 28th, 2006, 05:14 PM

Dr Claeys is on De Salaberry, I can't remember the address but it is in the same clinic as Dr Guindon. Dr Claeys isn't part of the clinic, but borrows it to do accupuncture on small animals. He spends much of his time working on horses now so he's on the road a lot. You can make an appointment with him and he'll meet you at the clinic. His # is: 450-419-4210, it's his home number I think so don't be surprised if he just answers "hello". Good luck!
Old April 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM

any updates on holistic vets?

I'm hoping to revive this really old thread because I really want to find a holistic vet and an acupuncturist for my dog. The holistic vet clinic where Dr. Guindon was working has moved to Ayer's Cliff, that's 2 hours away from Montreal. Does anyone know of any other holistic vet clinics in or around Montreal? Also, I'd really like to find Dr. Clayes who does acupuncture? Does anyone know where he is, is he still practising, how to reach him?

thanks
Old April 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

Dr. Claeys number was 450-419-4210. I haven't used it in awhile. He does horses and small animals. Also Dr Julie Beaubien is awesome, she works on my horse. She is a vet who does acupuncture and osteopathy. Her website is http://www.drejuliebeaubien.com. She is pregnant now but still doing small animals until July.
BoxerRescueQuebec.com