Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM

hELP 3 WEEK OLD kITTEN ISSUE!!!

need your help, we have been taking care of these kittens that were found feeding them catmilk that we bought a the store, lastnight 1 of the kittens started looking really bad not moving eyes open heart beating and breathing belly is bloated looks like kitten is in a coma this morning the kitten came out of it and went back to normal now another kitten is doing the same thing what is going on what am i suppost to do to Help these kittens. WE CAN'T TAKE THEM TO THE VET HAVE MONEY ISSUES

Last edited by cindylouwho; September 11th, 2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

There are a multitude of problems these kittens could be facing.
Worms
Lactose intolerant - poor milk quality - what are you using?
Are they urinating and having bowel movements? No diahhrea? If not, do you know how to help them eliminate?
There are also the many different illnesses the kittens could have which won't show up without tests.

May I suggest, gently, that if you do not have the funds to take these kittens to the vet to be checked that you surrender them to the nearest shelter so they have a chance at life? Other than that, beg, borrow, credit cards, they NEED to see a vet.
Good luck!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:51 PM

milk

whiskas cat milk drink foe cats and kittens is what i'm feeding them could that be what's going on?
Old September 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

They need to be on a milk replacement, not something like Whiskas which basically has nothing in it that is good.
A good pet store will have kitten milk replacer. I use Nutrience Transition. There are other kinds as well. It comes in a powder form and you mix it to the directions and feed.
The other issues still need to be addressed. We are not vets. We can't diagnose anything. I was just giving you some ideas of what could be wrong. Kittens still need to see a vet asap!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi
When I found my cat at around 4 weeks old I went and got milk from the vet, and he almost died. He was old enough to be eating solid food. So i went and got him jars of baby food, but the meat kinds. Also fed him tuna and that helped him perk up. He was just starving as there wasn't enough nutrients in the milk formula I was giving him.
Old September 12th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry, there must be a rescue group or an SPCA-type place in Trenton. I think you should call them, since you are in no position to care for these kittens. They need to be seen by a vet and since YOU HAVE NO MONEY (your caps), they could die in a matter of hours. Please do the right thing.
Old September 12th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Senior Contributor

after each feeding the kittens should be stimulated to have pee, they won't have a bowel movement till they are on food, their mouths should be cleaned also after each feeding because bacteria will grow quickly from any milk/formula left there and the kittens will lick it off
Old September 12th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Senior Contributor

try contacting fixedfurlife they are based out of Belleville

www.fixedfurlife.com

good luck
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I was just going to suggest what toonces did, fixfurlife will help you out. These kittens need vet care now!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM
~Cat Servent~

When you go to that website all there is is a video that you can stop or start, no info at all?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Senior Contributor

thats weird I can get it to work no problem, couldn't not find the contact us button but this works, if you click on become a member a new page will come up with the phone # and email
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM
~Cat Servent~

When I click on the link there are no buttons at all, only the animal slide show thing in the corner.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old September 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Senior Contributor

yup same for me...

http://www.fixedfurlife.com/youcanhelp.html

try this one

Last edited by Diamondsmum; September 12th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

if the OP wants to send me a PM I will send the email and phone # didn't know if I could post that here on the board
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
150% PRO S/N

cindylouwho - have you found a way to get the little ones to a vet? If you can't find a way to get them in the best thing to do for the health of the babies is to surrender them. You could always see about fostering them after the health issues have been cleared up.

Old September 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
~Cat Servent~

That one works! she found a way to help the little ones. My feral momma's kittens were like that, it was a problem with the development of their digestive system, even with us helping the eliminate and vet help none made it past the 3 week mark. :sad: