Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Smile Meet "Sage" - a classy lady

Just want to show off my younger brother's Akita/Mix (we think German Shepherd?). He had been looking for an Akita puppy after having lost his older Akita/Rott mix about 6 months previously. He found Sage through an Akita rescue group in San Francisco. Someone had given 2 puppies to a senior citizen couple as a "gift". They didn't want them and turned them in to the pound in Fresno, CA. When my brother contacted the rescue group they told him there were 2 10-wk old puppies that they needed to have picked up so he went to Fresno and got the two. He kept the female and the rescue group found another home for the brother. He felt bad about not taking both, but felt he couldn't properly handle the both of them. Akitas can be a handful. She's a year and a half now and a really sweet dog with beautiful manners. In the last picture, she's checking out Corky, my mom's toy poodle. She's very tolerant of Corky who delights in chasing back & forth and around her, but we don't leave them alone together as just an accidental blow with her paw could be dangerous for a tiny dog like Corky. They're safe the other way too - Corky's been neutered and Sage spayed
A little background info - My brother's previous dog, Miko, was a beautiful dog. When she was 6yo, she woke up one morning unable to use her back legs. They removed a malignant tumor from near her spine. Then she had radiation and chemo. She regained use of her legs and lived about 4 more years before she again began going downhill. She eventually got around in a little cart that my brother built for her. She would even play with the cart supporting her back end. When he finally had to euthanize her, it tore him up. I am so glad he and Sage have found each other. He's passed on the cart to another dog that his vet knew of that needed it.
Attached Images

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

The pictures are very very beautiful. Thanks very much
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful dog!! Your brother absolutely did the right thing not taking both. He sounds like a wonderful owner and Sage is a lucky (and classy and pretty!)lady.
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:53 PM

Thumbs up Meet Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
What a beautiful dog!! Your brother absolutely did the right thing not taking both. He sounds like a wonderful owner and Sage is a lucky (and classy and pretty!)lady.

What a great dispoitioned dog , She is so lucky that she found your brother , and I am sure that your brother is glad that he found sage .The pictures are beautiful keep us posted on sage's groth and the happings of both ,your brother and sage
fawn
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks! He named her Sage because as a pup she would sit back and study a situation first before jumping in.

His previous dog, Miko, was indirectly responsible for saving his life. He was involved in a white water rafting accident in which another man lost his life. He said that he had reached the point where he was lethargic from hypothermia and drifting in & out of consciousness as he was going down the river. He had a vision of Miko waiting for him back at camp and the worry about her gave him the oomph he needed to drag himself up onto a rock. They had a wonderful bond and now I see that with Sage.
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Senior Contributor

A very nice story,Lass! Your brother seems to be a wonderful man and Sage is beautiful.She looks like a dog I used to have,his name was Julius and he was GSD/Chow-Chow....I'll find a picture one of these days