Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 17th, 2008, 06:35 AM
banned user

Two Dogs Reunited with Owner in New York

I just wanted to share a story I was involved in yesterday with two purebred Pointers who were abducted from their own yard on Tuesdy night.

The owner with the help of friends from their dog park plastered the area and beyond with flyers immediately yesterday morning..they did mostly vet offices and supermarkets as well as neighbourhood posts. They put up so many the police asked them to refrain! but they didn't of course.

The dogs were both reunited with their owner after a neighbour who lived 15 miles away had seen the poster and turned in a neighbour who did in fact have the dogs. Not sure if charges will be laid as they said they found the dogs wandering.

For those of us with lost dogs, don't give up but keep your pet's picture out there, don't let them be forgotten and don't ever underestimate that they could be far from home.
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:15 PM

The same thing happened to my neighbor, someone opened her gate and her dogs got out. They did not take them though. But thank God she got them back. I told her to be careful and secure her gate so that this would not happen again. The concern is that maybe they are selling the dogs and cats they steal? It is different for cats, because they often roam and are friendly. I see dogs tied up outside stores left unattended, why would anybody take such chances in today's time? Please protect yourselves from becoming a victim.
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

It's so sad when these things happen. My cousin's dog was abducted from her back yard as well. They eventually found her (tied up with twine around her neck, no collar :sad a few kilometres away. She was never the same dog after, and is horribly afraid of everything now. Definitely a good idea to be very cautious!

It's great to know that the owner in New York had so much help from others. Though some people can be so terrible there are always many more with huge hearts who want to help.
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl