Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Owned by Saints

More food issues :(

Poor Bubba is still chewing and licking. His front legs are staining pink from his saliva, and he's chewing small patches of fur off his belly again. Same problem on Canidae and now on Innova adult. I'm seriously thinking he is allergic/intolerant to chicken or turkey. But he had similar reactions on lamb and duck. He did so well for the longest time.. now it seems everything is flaring up again. :sad:

The only food he did great on was Eagle Pack Holistic.. The Anchovy, Sardine and Salmon one. No itching/licking and no diarrhea. The problem is he didn't keep weight on at all when he was on it. For a Saint Bernard he's fairly active and the 22% protein and 12% fat just didn't seem to cut it. But Hubby wants to put him back on it anyway and just add canned food, olive oil, leftovers etc..to boot the fat and protein levels. Good idea? or should I just keep looking for a fish kibble higher in protein/fat?

Here's the ingredient list for EP Fish, Guaranteed analysis etc.. Yeah I know beet pulp and salt.. But it's to the point where it's that or hot spots.
http://www.eaglepack.com/Pages/HS_Fish.html

*SIGH* I soooo wish I could get Timberwolf Organics here. I think Ocean Blue would be perfect. Protein: 26% Fat: 16%. But NOOOO nearest store that carries it is a couple hours away. :sad: