Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old January 11th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
If you are Trinity Spadina (I scanned so I am not sure, I would send it also to Jack Layton;s campaign if you have amind to vote NDP - they can then accuse the Grits of attacking voters). Just my thought!
I am in Trintiy Spadina, its were Jack lives but his wife Olivia is the candidate. I think Jacks riding is Toronto Danforth. doesnt matter we all party together LOL

Last edited by babyrocky1; January 17th, 2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old January 12th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Senior Contributor

I would love for a Liberal to come knocking on my door! Brick isn't a "pit" but he sure looks like one!!! Won't they be surprised??? I just have to say how happy I am to read all the comments from Ontarians (is that a word??) that they won't be voting Liberal!! Here in the west, we are all counting on you guys to NOT vote Liberal, as we are too little to have a whole lot of impact (I mean we do, but there are more of you out East than out here!) Thanks!
1 very mean tiger barb (who killed all of our other fish)
3 leopard geckos - Dave, Jenn & Jane (gone back to their original owner)

GONE TO CRITTER HEAVEN:
1 house gecko - George (RIP)
2 giant african land snailS - Kaimah (RIP) & Kamau (RIP)
2 baby african land snails - Tiny & Pokey (RIP)
1 Veiled Chameleon - Chip (RIP)
Old January 12th, 2006, 10:17 AM

babyrocky1, I just checked Hansard for the 4 days of hearings and interestingly enough, his name is not mentioned at all. Not on the committee or even a stand-in for the committee. Somehow I doubt that he was just sitting around the hearings for 4 days when he probably had other work to do and could've sent one of his little doobies to sit there for him. So I call BS on Mr. Ianno. They really do believe all the lies don't they.

http://www.staffordcanada.com/images2/Order%20Form.pdf
Old January 12th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Its not Tony Ianno that was supposed to be at the committee hearings, he is the federal liberal...His campaign organizer, who is also a provincial liberal, told me that he, the organizer, was at the committee hearings, I know the post is so confusing, but the guy who was harrasing me kept switching the conversation, first hed be talking about bieing a federal guy, then hed start arguing about bill 132 as a provincial liberal. Hes not an elected representative anywhere, hes a paid employee and a dumb A$$, thats why I dont know if I can post his name or not cause hes not a politicain so maybe not fair game. Ill pm you more, I tried to yahoo you the other day but it didn't work, doesn't work from here Im at work, thanks for looking though!!!I was going to search the links to hansard that are here tonight, I don't knw if they still work.
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:15 PM

By the way things are looking there will be a few less Fedaral Libs around real soon . Look at it as a warmup to Oct 2007 .
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:26 PM

Letter from Michael Bryant

What that woman did to you was against the law. Next time you know you have the right to call the police on her. I have a letter here that I carry in my packback at all times and I'm just waiting to use it. Even the police can't dispute this letter. I'll show you the parts of the letter I have high lighted for just such an incident.
"In regards to your concerns about harrassment of pit bull owners, I can state unequivocally that verbal abuse and/or physical assaults on pit bull owners and/or their dogs are wholly unacceptable. Where there is potential criminal activity, individuals concerned for their safety should call the police immediately. The pit bull ban is designed to increase public safety. It is not to intended to encourage harrassment of pit bull owners and it certainly is no excuse for such behaviour."
Now for the cop out answer when asked how to defend myself should an attack occur;
"In regards to your question about self-defence, I cannot provide you with legal advice. Simularily, I cannot provide you with dvice on how to respond to threats to your pwerson safety as such responses need be considered on a case-by-case basis with regards to all particulrs circumstances. Where police are unavailable, individuals are able to defend themselves in keeping with provisions of the Criminal Code and the common law. Generally, self-defence is complex and reiterate that responces need to be considered on a case-by-case basis with full regard to the law."
Tell that one to the person that is attacking you and your muzzled dog. Sorry buddies, but you are breaking the law. You MUST stop! Good grief Charlie Brown!
Again I have this part high-lighted;
"Section 3(2) of DOLA exempts dog owners from civil liability in relation to dog attacks that occur in relation to criminal acts on the owners' property. Section 3(2) provides: "Where a person is on premises with the intention of committing, or in the commission of, a criminal act on the premises and incur damage caused by being bitten or attacked by a dog, the owner is not liable under section 2" then goes on to say unhighlighted "unless the keeping of the dog on the premises was unreasonable for purpose of the protection of the protection of persons or property."
I feel badly for what you went through Baby Rock, but keep this in mind should an incident happen again, you do not need a yelling match. Simply call the police and nail them for harassment straight from the words of Michael Bryant himself. Go get em Tiger!!!!
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:37 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Ianno's campaign manager is a senior advisor to Bryant.

Remember the guy that was sending emails to constituents, asking them to sign the petition to ban pit bulls? Same guy.
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG!!!!that explains a whole hell of alot doesn't it...oh that sleeze bag! when we ran into one another, or I should say I went looking for him, he came up behind me and I had his name written on an envelope, which he saw, and we ended up exchanging a few growls at one another. I will pm the name.
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Connners, I just read your post, the justification on there part would be, that I "overheard a private conversation" thats what the guy told me as the reason that they did not owe me an apology. Also im paranooid now about them making false accusations about Rocky, if anyone knows how to manipulate this law and how many rights have b een taken away from us, its this guy!!!!! Democracy is dead in Ontario!!!!
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrocky1
Connners, I just read your post, the justification on there part would be, that I "overheard a private conversation" thats what the guy told me as the reason that they did not owe me an apology. Also im paranooid now about them making false accusations about Rocky, if anyone knows how to manipulate this law and how many rights have b een taken away from us, its this guy!!!!! Democracy is dead in Ontario!!!!
Sorry BabyRock, my computer has been down for awhile and when I saw what you first posted, I had taken it that that insult was directed to you... which I'm sure it was, but as you say, 'a personal conversation.' Sheesh, they must have been talking loudly enough for them to over hear them. How about a noise disturbance?
You're right though, those noise makers KNOW they don't have our vote, so they think, lets make them even more miserable.
No Liberals will dare knock on my door. I have so much 'stop BSL' and the Liberal Party with the circle and cross, saying, LIBERALS NO! I'll vote for you when we matter. A picture of different creeds and a pit bull, along with Shasta in her muzzle saying racial profiling is wrong, a sign saying, 'Ontario more dogs will suffer, plus my YES! I have a Pit bull sign that says this is up for her protection, not yours. How much more clear would it be to know I'm not voting Liberal. I HOPE I OFFEND them!!!
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:46 PM

That's horrible. No matter what they say, the Liberal Party both Provincial and Federal seem to be the same. I got a phone call from a Representative from my local Federal campaigne off, seeking my support on election day.

I asked the guy where the Member stood on BSL as it was a infraction on my Charter Rights, meanwhile avoiding his initial question. He told me that it was a Provincial issue and that bull about the seperation of the Federal and Provincial Parties. Then he asked me again if he had my support and I told him that I had already voted as I am a member of the Canadian Forces and my home riding is in a western province, so I have to vote in special advance polls. He then had the nerve to ask me who I voted for. When I told him no I didn't mind and that I voted Conservative and was about to list my reasons, he interupted and said thank you and hung up.

I like some of the NDP's platform, but right now we need a major change and I didn't think they were strong enough to win and get the job done. And I do not totally agree with all of the Conservative platform, but I know that the rest of the government will keep them in check on the major issues (ie. same sex marriage).
Old January 18th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
If I'm not mistaken, Ianno's campaign manager is a senior advisor to Bryant.

Remember the guy that was sending emails to constituents, asking them to sign the petition to ban pit bulls? Same guy.
Just to clarify, Loki was not mistaken, the guy that called me is a senior advisor to Bryant and was caught by the provincial conservatives soliciting signatures from liberal staffers asking them to sign the petition FOR the ban. I believe Loki meant to post staffers rather than constituants, thanks for the great detective work Loki! Do you guys believe this????? Im glad I didn't know who exactly he was when I spoke to him or I may have been too flipped out to speak but I did get a few good remarks in, albeit polite, but thats okay...you carry more weight when its said in a polite and sincere way. Today Tony Ianno himself came to my door and I told him what happened with the whole crew of them. I also brought Rocky out with me after asking permission from him cause of the "shared enclosure" Tony knows I volunteer for Olivia but we are civil to one another as I am active in the community and oftentht requires a non-partison approach.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:08 AM

babyrocky1, that may explain why he told you he was at the hearings. If he's Bryant's senior advisor he may have been sent there to observe. I just don't remember seeing him.

http://www.staffordcanada.com/images2/Order%20Form.pdf
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

That explains it alright, I just didn't realise he had such an active roll in the murder of innocent dogs! I figured he was more of a "go for" not a senior advisor busying himself with padding petitions! so I guess he was in there as a spy for Bryant himself. I mean he could have been an assisitant to any of the Joe Blow Fibs that were on the committee. I was blown away to find out who he really is and that he had such a major role in bill 132! Its almost as bad as talking to Bryant himself, it sounds like this guy is #2...ahhh way too close for comfort.
Old January 25th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Well I suppose any threat from these clowns ended Monday night .

Babyrocky I got your PM
The only "good" liberal is a "downed" liberal and there are 16 good ones in the province this week . More to follow in 2007.
Old January 25th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Politic savy no...but I love my Pit bull!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker
Well I suppose any threat from these clowns ended Monday night .

Babyrocky I got your PM
The only "good" liberal is a "downed" liberal and there are 16 good ones in the province this week . More to follow in 2007.
Question? Now that the Conservatives are in, does that mean Michael Bryant is out? I know this is Federal, but doesn't that also get some of the Liberals out in Ontario and replaced? So, should Clayton Ruby have less of a fight on his hands? Did this Federal election erase some of the Provincial MP's is I guess what I'm asking.
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Unfortuantely Conners, I dont think it makes a bit of difference. The liberals like to be totally separate, provincially and federally, Our big fight will be in court AND in the provincial election in 2007. Theres quite a few people meeting in St Pauls, thats Bryants riding.
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Senior Contributor

What Seeker and I are refering to is that an aid to Bryant was also Tony Iannos campaign organizer, when Tony lost to Olivia, the campaign that I was working on, it looked really bad on the organizer....which is a very happy thing for me personally since hes the one that gave me a hard time about the bill on the phone. I learned quite a bit about this character in the last week. He will probably be involved in the provincial election so we will know who to look out for cause he doesn't play nice! That is if hes still employed after the mess he made of Iannos campaign.
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:03 PM

:sad: Shoot! That's disappointing! I thought that gave us a better chance.
Well I'm glad you guys (gals) are involved and keeping a handle on this...and happier still you know what's going on and who to watch out for.
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners
Did this Federal election erase some of the Provincial MP's is I guess what I'm asking.
The federal election has no effect on BSL.

A side-effect, however, is that 2 Conservative and 1 NDP Mpps resigned to run federally. The Provicial NDP now have 7 Mpps - they need 8 to have "official party" status. ( Without official status, I think, they aren't guaranteed a chance to speak during question period)

McGuinty will have to hold 3 by-elections to fill those 3 seats. Fingers crossed that the NDP wins a seat in one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats, Babyrocky (and Olivia Chow).
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Loki, I lost my voice from hooting and hollering so much at the "victory party" it was a long haul. I worked on all three of her runs at him, I must say though, the victory was a little sweeter because of the organizer LOL! So it did have to do with BSL ,for me, after all. I wouldn't mind volunteering in the provincial riding that Marilyn Churley used to hold if I can find the time and a little more energy. We have to have the NDP to speak for us, can you imagine losing Kormos' input! I dont know much about it but I would assume the NDP would have a strong candidate to take her place or they wouldnt have had her run federally, ofcourse, theres always a risk.
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
The federal election has no effect on BSL.

A side-effect, however, is that 2 Conservative and 1 NDP Mpps resigned to run federally. The Provicial NDP now have 7 Mpps - they need 8 to have "official party" status. ( Without official status, I think, they aren't guaranteed a chance to speak during question period)

McGuinty will have to hold 3 by-elections to fill those 3 seats. Fingers crossed that the NDP wins a seat in one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

).
I think your right about losing thier time in question period, they also lose alot of funding! I think McGinty can allow them to have party status if he chooses too, hmmm I wonder what the chances of that are
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:38 PM

I read that McGuinty will let them keep their status until the by-election, but he won't make an exception if they don't pick up another seat.
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

no suprises there!
Old January 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Senior Contributor

This has happened twice. First when the Conservatives were in power (the allowed NDP party status) and then with McGinty, who originally said no. I think a lot of people were upset and he changed his mind, or they had a by-election, or something. I don't remember to be honest. I just remember that they lost party status, then one day they had it back. I'm kind of hoping he does it again, just so it makes more people angry (I don't like NDP, but even I was put off by it. I'm sure I can't be the only non-NDP'er who was annoyed.). I'm sure if the same situation happens, they'll renege again.