Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 29th, 2002, 01:04 PM

Question My Dobermann is she could she be pregnant??? HELP

Hi there could you please give me some help & addvice please:

2 weeks ago on the 14 day of one of my female Dobermann`s heat, we got up as normal let all the dogs out in the yard to play and go toilet, while we started cleaning up. We started to hear yelping noises comming from the yard, we ran out there to find that our female and NEUTERED male Dobermann had "tied" in the back yard, we were in great shock as to what we were seeing.

Anyway we holded them so that no harm would come to them, they tied for about 15mins. As soon as 9am come around I got stright on the phone to the vets, where I have my male neutered, told them what had happen. Well the vet could not believe it she told me that she had never heard of that before, and did not have a clue what to say to me!, I could not believe it.

I then went and phoned up another vets who were very helpful, they inform me that as I had only had my male neutered in may this year then there was a very good chance that my female could now be pregnant. I could not believe it, they also told me that my vets should have warned me about this???, ( I have since changed my vets ).

I had my male neutered because we have all females in the house and we never wanted anything like this to happen as we use champion stud dogs on our females. The other females have been on heat before this one came into heat and he did not even care, which is also very strange. I cannot understand why they did it!

Anyway it`s 16 days on since that EVENT, and I still keep telling my self NO of course she cannot be pregnant, but now I`am being to wonder, as the last few days, the female has become very misrable, sad and wanting to sleep a lot, she does not even get up in the morning to greet me, she has started going to the toilet more, and she just seems very weid, not like her at all....
Could you please help me with this, tell me could she be pregnant?, and are these the signs?, is she having a false pregnancy? ( though I was told that, dog`s do not start haveing false pregnancy until 4 weeks after their heat ), so now I don`t know what to believe. Please help
Thankyou
Old August 29th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Lab Loverr

Heres a similar post that was answered by one of the vets on this board.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?threadid=80
Soon to be proud mum of Gilgamesh. (Olde English Bulldogge)

*Lab Lover [COLOR=red]<3[/COLOR]
Old August 31st, 2002, 04:10 AM

Question Come on guys I still need some more help, you know???

hi there I would just like to say a big thankyou to Cassie for helping me out the other day with this problem, though I still need more help, and other people to talk to, that have heard of this before. As I still don`t know what to believe....
is she/could she be pregnant????