Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:51 PM

Walking weakness but symptoms don't fit

Hello

My cat, 5 years old, found 5 years ago in Spain with wounded paw, that was amputated after. He was 6 weeks old.
Since two weeks he have problems to walk, first was the single hind paw, but after some days he was not able to use forepaws. He just make some steps and forepaws are like without power. He just slide paws on the ground or falls on the side and stay like this for some time.
Doctor made X-Ray but found nothing special, beside crooked spine under influence of walking with three paws. Blood-test shows also not much something special.
Only values that are not normal are:
LDH 216 Normal Value: < 182
Erythrocyten 10.4 Normal Value: 5 - 10 T/l
Hematocrit 56 Normal Value: 28 - 45 %
MCHC 27 Normal Value: 31 - 35 g/dl
Granulocyte 23 Normal Value: 50 - 75 %
Lymphocytes 68 Normal Value: 15 - 50 %
Granulocyte (absolute) 1575 Normal Value: 3000 - 11000 /ul

He have a strong pain if the abdomen are touched. He eat normally, drink, are not apathetic, react on sound, smell, noise, also are active and try to play. I wait for additional blood screening on Monday, and I still did not found what could be, and doc also have no answer. If somebody had similar case, maybe ist a little help to found right diagnose...
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:32 AM

Low granulocytes & high leukocytes indicate he's fighting an infection that could at least partially explain the weakness.

The pain when touching his abdomen is also concerning - I would have the vet look further into this, perhaps an ultrasound if that's available to you?

let us know how your kitty is doing

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler~GateKeeper View Post
Low granulocytes & high leukocytes indicate he's fighting an infection that could at least partially explain the weakness.

The pain when touching his abdomen is also concerning - I would have the vet look further into this, perhaps an ultrasound if that's available to you?

let us know how your kitty is doing
Tomorrow I will get a additional screening. I think my doc have a ultrasound, if not, need to find one, but in big city is not a problem. On Thursday he get a shot painkiller in muscle and after this he was walking in the room, without any problems. I suspect a thyroid, that could cause a pain, but its only symptom, caused trough infection, maybe I get more tomorrow.
Hilo, the cat is today not really in mood, but the weather is changing and I was also not able to sleep good.
Thanks for the good vibes