Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:29 PM

Found Great Pyrenees N.E. Calgary

He was VERY nice, very cold and very tired. I found him crossing 16th Ave right at the 52 Street over pass. Contact me ASAP for more info please. I have pictures but I guess they are too big to post. (??) Anyways, let me know if you know anything. He belongs to someone who must love him.
Old October 20th, 2009, 09:36 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Check for breeders/rescues in the area. He may have escaped from them.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:04 AM

Hi

Do you still have pics of him? My mom has been searching for her dog for awhile now. He went missing from conrich in mid october.
Thank you
Crystal
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:24 AM
-

lookingforjake, sorry to hear about your mom's missing dog.

DooiesMom has not come back to the forum since she posted. I checked her profile and it says she works at a medical supply company.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/member.php?u=38417

I don't know how many there are in Calgary but your best option may be to phone them all and see if you can contact her that way.

Good luck.
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooiesMom View Post
He was VERY nice, very cold and very tired. I found him crossing 16th Ave right at the 52 Street over pass. Contact me ASAP for more info please. I have pictures but I guess they are too big to post. (??) Anyways, let me know if you know anything. He belongs to someone who must love him.
Hi
Did you find the owner?
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM

I had no idea everyone wanted an update.

Ok so here it is, I brought this guy home first to get him fed and warmed up. Then took him to the Fish Creek pet hospital in Calgary because it appeared he may have been clipped by a car on his back end (I saw what appeared to be blood and he was licking the area a lot) but I wasnt sure. They checked him out and found that he had NOT been hit, but did have a very large Hot Spot on his rear end and tail. They gave him some pain relief cream and a small needle to numb the area for his comfort. So that was taken care of.

Next I asked the vet team what I should do so he remains safe and gets back to his owners. They strongly advised having the City of Calgary pickup him up so he could be posted on the Lost and Found website. So i agreed under the condition that I would be the first person called, before he was put up for adoption if his owners didn't come forward. They said no problem, as that is typical Calgary bylaw procedure.

From here I said my goodbyes to my new friend (whom I called Jack temporarily), and went home. I immediately went to the city of calgary website to see how long this all would take and within 1 hour, Jack was posted with a picture.

By 5:00pm that same day, Jack was picked up by his owner, and taken off the website.

Now, I didn't just leave it at that. I called the city of calgary to make sure that his owners did infact come for him and they assured me the procedure to verify the owners of a missing dog are quite extensive. I was relieved at this point.

So now all I have is a picture of Jack on my desk and an old reference number for the city of calgary.

Oh, one last thing, I did have a woman contact me (a week or so after all of this) with pictures of her dog Jake who was also missing, who looked very similar to Jack, but I didn't believe it was the same dog. I cant remember her name now though...

Sorry again to everyone who was interested.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforjake View Post
Do you still have pics of him? My mom has been searching for her dog for awhile now. He went missing from conrich in mid october.
Thank you
Crystal
It must have been your mom that contacted me Looking for Jake.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I am so relieved Jack found his owner. Good work!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Found dog in ne

My name is carol McKervey 403 285 5143. . We lost are guy about a week ago. He is two neutered white and approx 135 lbs in weight. You bet he's missed. We have eight kids he's no. 9. . We live on an acreage on 16th ave and 84th street ne., he's had a bad habit of wondering away, when neighbourhood dogs come around. He answers to the name snowball or snowy for short. When you call him snowy he will sometimes answer in a growl sounding to hello...

Also in his ears he has a wax condition, it looks like blood. We have meds to clear it.
If you still have him call me we will pick up ASAP..., thank you...for your help.
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM

Hi momma you may want to start your own post, may get a better result. And good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma View Post
My name is carol McKervey 403 285 5143. . We lost are guy about a week ago. He is two neutered white and approx 135 lbs in weight. You bet he's missed. We have eight kids he's no. 9. . We live on an acreage on 16th ave and 84th street ne., he's had a bad habit of wondering away, when neighbourhood dogs come around. He answers to the name snowball or snowy for short. When you call him snowy he will sometimes answer in a growl sounding to hello...

Also in his ears he has a wax condition, it looks like blood. We have meds to clear it.
If you still have him call me we will pick up ASAP..., thank you...for your help.