Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Recipes for pets

Old December 13th, 2005, 01:51 PM

freakin AWSOME birthday cake recipe anyone?

Hey guys,

Do any of you have a good recipe for a cake or other treat for dogs and humans ???

I saw there were posts about cakes but i wanted THE BEST recipe if anyone has one

Thanks
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:01 PM

I made a Coconut cake from epicurious.com. It came out so moist and absolutely devine! Check out that site, loads of excellent recipes.

Ebony - miniature schnauzer
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM

Hi,

I have just joined this forum. I thought some dog owners might be interested in the recipe I have used for my girl's birthday. It is made of mashed potatoes with meat and vegetable filling and decorated with cottage and cream cheese. As my girl is a real fussy eater, she will not eat just any birthday cakes so I have came up with this idea. Have anyone tried?

My little girl with her birthday cake

A close up look at the birthday cake

Last edited by Holisticpets; August 3rd, 2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM

That looks great!
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Great looking cake! There's another cakemaker on this site but I'm not sure if she does dogs.
Love the pink dress...
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:12 AM
-

For one of the grrrrl's b-days I made a "Chocolate Cheesecake" which has neither chocolate nor cheese and I guarantee no human in their right mind will go near it.

Take a couple of handfuls of your doggies favourite treats (hard biscuits) and put the in a paper bag, cover the bag with a dishtowel. Whack them soundly with a hammer then roll them with a rolling pin until you have crumbles. Mix the crumbles with a little bit olive oil and peanut butter so that they "glom" together. Roast some whole garlic and add it to a small pot of mashed potatoes. Pan fry a whack of liver. Braise the pan. Throw the liver in the blender or food processor, adding the pan drippings a little at a time and puree until smooth but stiff in texture. Line a spring form pan with parchment paper. Cover the bottom of the pan with a 1/2 " or less of the treat crumbles. Use a spatula to add the liver pate taking care not to disturb the crumble layer too much. Then use the spatula to add the top layer of mashed garlicky potatoes. If you REALLY want to get those puppies drooling decorate with canned green tripe that you've refridgerated so that it can be piped through a rosette. Refridgerate the whole thing for a little while to "set" the cake. Release the springform and serve! Yum-Yum !!!!!