Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:49 PM

Stolen: Bloodhound in Rawdon Quebec

I'm crossposting so don't have any info or a picture. As far as I know white marks on the ears of a black and tan bloodhound is not common. Hopefully it will help get her home.

Please Crosspost Far and Wide

"Tammy(bloodhound rescue) received a call from a Carol Huggler - she lives in Rawdon, Quebec - which is right by the Ontario border. She had her bloodhound stolen and she has been missing since December 5th.
The bloodhound was out in front of the house with their two other dogs - the owners were also out - A car stopped at the driveway and the bloodhound went down to greet the car. She was put in the car and they have not seen her since. The owner has run ads in the papers and contacted the radios stations in the area but nothing has turned up. The owner believes that whoever took her is probably wanting her for breeding purposes - they would have no way of knowing that she is spayed!!! She is 1 1/2 year old black and tan with some white marks on her ears(can't comment on that!) There is a good possibility that whoever took this dog could live in Ontario and show up somewhere in the Gatineau area.

If anyone has any info on this missing bloodhound the owner can be contacted at 450-834-2922 or reach Tammy at 613-347-1973 - or contact me(Heather), or course."
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Just a quick clarification - Rawdon is not right by the ON border, so maybe the search should be in the areas surrounding Rawdon.

Bloodhounds are not too common, so if enough advertising is done, hopefully this girl will be found.

Fingers crossed for her.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:05 PM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Try contacting Sasha's Den (via petfinder.ca) She runs a rescue in Rawdon and is involved with the local shelter, if Tammy is abanndoned (when they find out she is spayed) she may be turned in to one of these facilities.
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Good idea. You can find contact info for Sasha's here:
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/QC07.html
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:25 AM

Thanks for the clarification on the area and the info about Sasha's Den! I sent a note off to them hoping they'll keep an eye out for this girl.

I pray she makes it home!