Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 12th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

How can someone be so cruel?

I was horrified today to watch the Channel 11 News in Hamilton..Some sicko took there dog..tied weights to it and dumped in in the Niagara / Chippawa River...I feel sick writing this......The dog managed to swim to a boat ramp..crawl up on the sand and lay there...someone found the dog and took it to the SPCA...They say that the dog will survive..very scared..not healthy...but wil be eventually it did have some injuries...as well as a gouge in its neckk from a collar too tight!...I cannot even imagine that someone could stand there and dump their dog?? What a heartless sick B*******...I am sorry but things like this make me wonder what kind of world we live in...How sad as well the Humane Society was just down the road??

I dont think I will ever understand????

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM

OMG!! That poor baby. All that poor dog ever wanted I'm sure was a forever home where the people would love it as much as it loved them.

People are disgusting. Period.
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Honest Contributor

hell needs rotten souls to keep on burning i guess effing dirty pieces of stinking excuse for a human being... aaarrgghh! i hope they get massive jail time for animal cruelty!!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Live well, laugh often

Unbelievable. Hope they catch the scumbag and do the same thing to them .
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM
-

I hope this dog gets adopted by a family that will spoil him rotten, and hope the looser that did this rots in hell.
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Queen

Wow what an amazing dog to survive that, so much will to live. I bet he will find a good home, hopefully he can recover reasonably.

Why do people bother? I mean it would have been easier to abandon the dog, you've got to enjoy doing that or why else would you bother.
Doesn't make any sense.
Old April 13th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thanks guys! What I cannot seem to understand is why do what they did? Why could the person not take the dog to the SPCA...even if he had to tie it to a fence and walk??? it was only a short way down the road!!! its better than such inhumane cruelty! TD you said it exactly right! I agree 100%... If I was a judge...OMG! this sicko would pay!!!!!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Winston,the SPCA would have charge $25(I think it is)for a dropoff,that's why!!
Why do people,leave a dog on a chain,drag a dog behind a car,try to drown a dog???
Because they are evil beeings and know they can get away with it,after all,an animal in our country is regarded no different than a TV or any other posession by our courts
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Chico..your right....our laws are too weak! All I can say is what goes around comes around.......That person's day will come?

Cindy

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:56 PM

When I hear stuff like that I feel like doing the same thing to that person that did it to the animal just so they know how it feels.
Old April 14th, 2007, 03:43 AM

You wonder how people can be so cruel ? Well your not on your own as only last night on our local news for the S.W. of England they featured a report of a collie dog that had been a working farm dog for many years and is now living out his final years with an old couple who found some B******* had taken him off, tied him up with electrical flex and set light to him. Only after the flex burnt through could this poor frightend dog get free and away. He was found in a terrible state with nasty burns all over but still alive. Vets fear scarring to his under belly and lower abdomen may only give him a 50% of being able to get around again So its not just in your backyard these things happen :sad:

I hope some pet store who could afford to offer might think it worthwhile to offer a reward for infomation leading to the arrest and bringing to court of the perpetraitors of this cruel action.

Last edited by Stewart; April 14th, 2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old April 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM

These kids of stories anger me so much. I can't believe I was actually able to read this post knowing it wasn't very good. IMHO, I think people who do such things to animals have power problems and can't seem to get anywhere bossing their family/friends around so they take it out on poor animals. I told DH if we ever witnessed someone abusing an animal, he better hold me back, I'd beat the living crap out of them. I don't know how people get off on torturing a helpless animal, makes me feel like doing the same thing to them to see how they feel. Grrrrrrrrr!

Dianne